Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trout fishing at Lake Wohlford is wide open!!!

Default Trout fishing at Lake Wohlford is wide open!!!

I went fishing with Glenn and another friend of mine last Friday at Lake Wohlford and did pretty good. What was really significant about last Friday's trip was Glenn modified his bait and got a terrific result. I had to see if Friday was a fluke or not. So on Tuesday March 28, I had the day off and went back to Lake Wohlford with Glenn and give Glenn's bait and rig a chance to work for me. The result's were tremendous!!!!! Easy + limits of trout plus 1 catfish (that's 5 trips in a row we caught a catfish) for both us by noon and the best part was I missed more bites then fish landed. We got a fish or a bite on every drift. That's how good the fishing was!!!!

Before anyone starts throwing the poles in the car, put the brakes on!!!! I'm in no way shape or form implying anyone can go down there, rent a boat and throw out the anchors in any spot and fish their favorite bait and expect to catch a limit of fish. Probably just the opposite!!! Most people because of the dirty water are avoiding the place like the plague. (for good reasons) It's hard to catch a trout under those conditions. Today and Friday there was a total of 6 boats rented for both day's. (so no one is going there) They are still stocking the fish but very few people have figured out by the number of people fishing on how to catch them. We are willing to share our secret technique just get your credit cards out. For $19 we will share our sure fire guaranteed technique on how to catch those pesky Lake Wohlford trout.

That's about how an info commercial article is written. (don't worry I'm going to tell you for free) It's amazing to me how paranoid a lot of fishermen really are!!! I'm sure there are times you want to keep certain baits, places and spots to yourself. But some fishermen believe "ALL" fishing information should be kept secret. So much you should, "NEVER NEVER EVER" put ANY fishing information out on a public website. (such as FNN) I thought it was terrible people here on FNN would put up a legitimate fish report, then have to defend it against people who said, "YOUR BURNING MY FAVORITE SPOT!!!" (you Jack Arse) My answer to that was, Western Outdoor news has 1,000 times more of a following then FNN does and they burn your favorite spot every week, yet your spot still survives. Enough of my soap box time.

I'm going to tell you exactly how to catch trout right now at Lake Wohlford. Am I worried about burning my own spot??? Heck no!!! My last fish report to Lake Wohlford got 250 views so far and the one before that got 160 total. So why should I be worried with that kind of coverage!!! Here goes the sure fire method on how to catch a trout at Lake Wohlford. First of all you need a boat, don't worry prices are good. $7 get's you a fishing permit and $5 for seniors. All day motor boat rentals are $35 and $20 for seniors Tues & Thurs. We are going again Thurs April 6 with an Armada of people. (it's a stock week) So we totally expect to put the hammer down on these fish with our perfect rig.

Here's the rig, #2 line and a tiny split shot for weight and a number 16 treble hook. (pretty simple) For bait it's orange pulp gulp bait and a jar of salmon eggs. (garlic dip too) Put 1 salmon egg on your treble hook exposed and cover the rest in the orange power bait. Then here comes the messy part, squeeze and break open a salmon egg or two and rub it up on down your line between your weight (weight is 16 inches from your bait) and your bait. Then dip it in Garlic and cast. (that's the bait and the rig)

Where to fish??? I'm not saying this is the only place to fish in the lake, but this area has worked well for us all season. East end of the lake from the last air rater to the reeds. Lately it's been on the south east side of the air rater, but we have done well all season until lately in the north east corner of the east end also. Also it's very important to drift in the wind, "No anchoring!!!" That's it folks the sure fire way to catch a Lake Wohlford trout. They do stock trout every other week for another month, "so go get them!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-30-2017 at 01:11 PM.

I'm thinking there are ways to get the same results without having to go thru all that BS to bait up, but hey if you like playing with all that smelly crap have at it. Oh and most know stained water + smelly stuff = better results.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I'm thinking there are ways to get the same results without having to go thru all that BS to bait up, but hey if you like playing with all that smelly crap have at it. Oh and most know stained water + smelly stuff = better results.
    I'll quote the General in the movie War Games. If I thought it would do any good, "I'd pee on a spark plug!!!!!" I'm not really that good in understanding why certain things in fishing work. I just shut up and do them!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-29-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Nice well written report! I'm gonna head there tomorrow for bass, what's the water vis like? less than 2ft or more like 3-5?

Quote Originally Posted by titos334 View Post
    Nice well written report! I'm gonna head there tomorrow for bass, what's the water vis like? less than 2ft or more like 3-5?
    It's still kind of dirty, but not chocolate milk colored anymore. So I would say visibility would be in the 2-3 foot range.

I liked your write up and I agree with your take on "information." Thanks for the report!