Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 3-14-15 SARL Okuma Tournament Live Report

Default 3-14-15 SARL Okuma Tournament Live Report

Well, its been a while but thinking back to the good ol' days I figured I go back to my roots and post a live report from the lake. I haven't done this for some time so please forgive me in advance for any technical difficulties lol.

So, I arrived at the lake at approximately 1215pm to find a bunch of cars scattered throughout the entrance lanes. I was worried because the whole goal was to get here early to rent a pontoon for my buddies arriving in the evening. I drove to the pay shack and spoke to one of the SARL employees. The male stated that the line begins where the first two lines are by the entrance gate. If there are vehicles there I'd have to coordinate with the drivers of those vehicles when they return from fishing. Weird, because I called the day before and I was told that any vehicle that wishes to arrive early for the tournament must remain by their vehicle if they park in line for Saturday's event. Regardless, I parked behind a vehicle in line and fortunately a lot of the vehicles left by 2pm. Most of them were with children checking out the huckleberry pond. (I did see some nice fish brought from that area. Not too shabby.) As the day passed I noticed several vehicles leaving the lake advising us on the conditions. Granted it is pretty warm they said the bite was hot. According to one guy he said, "I saw lots of big ones" as he drove off. Wish I had stopped him and asked where but I was too busy on a work email. Anyhow, luckily it isn't humid so the weather is tolerable. Slight wind at the lake but at the moment its looking to be a great day of fishing tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Good luck to anyone making it down here for tomorrow's event.

Lots of memories at these lakes. I'll post again later on in the evening...

Quick update...10 cars in line. Wind is still kicking up a bit but plenty of happy anglers have left with some tasty lighting trout. A good percentage have stayed to fish tomorrow. Gotta admire the will for some good times...

WOW...talk about a flashback to the ol skool days, a live report from Git R Done!

What's to drink tonight? lol Good luck out there!!!

TD