Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding blue gill

Default Finding blue gill

HI WELL GUYS HERE IS THE QUESTION, HOW DO i FIND EHESE LITTLE MONSTERS.
    I HAVE MY FLOAT TUBE, HAVE MY FISH FINDER, AND A FIVE FOOT POLE, AND THANKS TO YOU GUYS I HAVE THE BAIT, NOW I HAVE GONE TO 20 FEET DEPTH LOOKED AROUND, SHOULD I GO DEEP WATER , OR SHALLOW, I AM USING A BOBBER , AND SAIL COVE IS A BETTER PLACE FOR ME TO FISH

THANKS

Ted- BGs will usually congregate around some kind of structure. Like a large rock or rock pile, a weed bed, old tires (like at the various man-made tire reefs in the lake). Sail Cove does have a few of these things, like the long point of rocks that swing out from shore and the summer weed line. I would try on the OUTSIDE edge of the weed line in at least 15 feet of water. The base of the rocks of the dam can be good too, but you will lose gear that gets snagged in the rocks. Use your fish finder looking for groups of BGs and slowly troll along using that rig I told you about. If you find more than two or three small fish together, that will usually be Bluegill, so drop your bait down to them. The fish are there, you can see the experienced Asian fisherman using long rods catching them from shore in Sail Cove.

Yes i have seen them, they go threw the weeds looking for natural bait, ok you have inspired me,i just returned from the back yard, i keep one spot real wet and come back in a few hours and i get some worms, thank you for you time you are always there.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by TED MILLS View Post
    Yes i have seen them, they go threw the weeds looking for natural bait, ok you have inspired me,i just returned from the back yard, i keep one spot real wet and come back in a few hours and i get some worms, thank you for you time you are always there.

Ted
    TED I am disappointed its not like where in a drought or anything lol ... Anyhow Ted you will find them Gills .. I was out in sail cove last week along the damn and you could see the gills swimming all around the rocks , along with bass and the odd catfish .. that was where I told you I had the Bullheads hitching a ride on my fins HA HA

Edit : BTW Ted , You could see the fish swimming in about 6 ft of water and I was metering them all the way into 16ft

WES
    Last edited by Misfitdog; 08-31-2014 at 11:21 AM.

well that is a happy thought I will head there Tuesday and get some, thanks, charging my fish finder battery right now, so If you see a float tube with an american flag and I wear a western hat don"t throw rock at me

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by TED MILLS View Post
    well that is a happy thought I will head there Tuesday and get some, thanks, charging my fish finder battery right now, so If you see a float tube with an american flag and I wear a western hat don"t throw rock at me

Ted
    That's funny Ted about rock throwing, I just love to throw rocks and the flat ones sure go far and fun to skip on water.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    That's funny Ted about rock throwing, I just love to throw rocks and the flat ones sure go far and fun to skip on water.
    They also work great to ward off The Lice , that decide to spin doughnuts around you in a tube in a no wake zone

TED in another post you were asking about rigging Crickets here is what I use and how I hookum. If I can find it I buy the 2# leader set up. In the old days I had a source for 3/4# leader those were the "Good Old Days".

Devoreflyre, thank

thank you, yes treble hooks , I have tons of them, I will get them out,

Old pudd fisher I just returned from the lake, it was beautiful out there with no wind , but there was trash all over the shore line and into the beach area, what pigs.
    Any way I caught five blue Gill, they are fun to catch on my five foot pole, I used garden worms, I put sopy water on a part on the back yard and in less than three minutes worms were coming out of the ground, any way I caught my Blue Gill in eight feet of water and some times ten to twelve feet, moving some times further away from the bank towards the Dam, I caught two, then at the Dam in eight feet of water caught three more, thanks guys all your advise helped me .

Ted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast