Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sarl big fish opener

Default Sarl big fish opener

Good Morning FNN,
    Went to the "Big Fish Opener" at S.A.R.L on friday 11/21 and had a great day on the water. I arrived at 4am to about 30 cars in line, got setup and went straight to the boat dock. I fished the docks hard from about 6am to 9am with little success, however i did see a few cruisers in the 5 to 7lb range. At around 9:30 i decided to drive around and check the action to see how everyone was doing in the big lake.The bite was slow but the few fish that were caught that morning were all between 7 to 10 lbs. My next stop brought me to the "nets" where a few nicer fish were taken. I decided to change my rig to a 1/32 ounce ball head with a orange "sj" worm, that setup did the trick and first cast i got an 8lber. I went to go weigh it in at the tackle shop and take a few photos before the fish lost its colors. When i got back to the spot the action was picking up anglers were hooking up left and right, i tossed back out and got a good hit but missed the hook set. On the very next cast i hook up to another quality fish that went 8.5lbs. At this point i was on fire and felt like i was on top of the world, high fives were flying all around. I continued to fish without a bite til about 3pm, but it didnt matter because i was already stoked i had two nice fish on the stringer. I decided to fish a few more minutes before wrapping it up then out of nowhere my green mini jig gets inhaled by a 9.5 lber which gave me the best fight of the day she was peeling drag and running left and right for what seemed like forever, i let the fish tire itself out and finally she was in the net. I had an awesome time at the lake and built some great memories with both new and old friends.
    til next time tight lines everyone,
    -Daniel Fernandez

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.5 lber.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	45359Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sarl stringer.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	45358Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nets sarl.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	45360
    Last edited by DANNY SMOKIN JIGZ; 11-25-2014 at 07:53 AM.

DAMN! good stuff bro!!! good job! great report! gets me all pumped! lol

Good Job Bro! That's definitely a good way to start the season keep It up

Now that's quality. Great job on the fish man!!

this gives me hope for this season!! those are some hogs man great job... save some for me though... dont be greedy its not good for you

Fair Stocking Policy – Big Trout for Everyone!!

Not anymore , Thanks Bro you done cleaned them out . BTW darn nice fish man