Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: End of season Convict lake trip

Default End of season Convict lake trip

Me and the gf went up to convict for the last days of fishing.
    First day was raining and windy. Hiked to the back to fish the inlet. As we get there I see some fish jumping about 15ft out. So I throw out and to my surprise my first hook up and fish was a brown! We ended the day with about 15 fish. No rainbows lol
    We used tube jigs, drop shot worms and Tasmanian devils.

Day two was clear skies but still windy. It wasn't white caps like the day before so we decided to get a boat. It ended up being hard to fish from the boat due to the high winds and the tiny anchors they put on the boat. Ended up at the inlet again this time my gf hooks up to a nice fish with a sierra slammer. It pulled drag for awhile and fought good. When she finally got it to the boat it was a nice 4.6lb bow. After that it was to windy. So we headed in.

Even though the weather wasn't the greatest and my gf got a bigger fish than me lol it was a great trip. I got some good pics and a cool underwater video. All the fish where caught on barbless lures and released, with the exception of the fat bow.

now I have to return home and get back to the duct lol

The bow ending up as dinner that night
    Last edited by moparferlife; 11-18-2014 at 09:34 AM.

NICE post ... congrats. I was just there and didn't do so well. My props to ya

I'm lookin for a new NET ... mind telling me where you got yours?
    Last edited by billy b; 11-19-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Awesome!

All of these late fall Eastern Sierras reports are seriously making me jealous...

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    Awesome!

All of these late fall Eastern Sierras reports are seriously making me jealous...
    Thanks. I hate having to leave that place it so nice up there.

Very cool! awesome report and pics!!! WTG...

Did you get a prize for the tagged rainbow?

[Q derby.UOTE=mshsu;748362]Did you get a prize for the tagged rainbow?[/QUOTE]no we didnt it ended up being from a derby that was already over but we got all excited at first thinking it was going to be a money fish they ended up giving us the $25 gift certificate to the shop instead. They said that the $500 and $1000 fish were never caught in that derby.

Nice trip, and what a cool video! All those kids hanging out in the creek. Love the colors on those brown trout.

Cool video I love that place. Thanks!