Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skinner 10/15 water level!!

Like Pat mentioned the LMB bite is best from 12-closing right now. I fished open until closed yesterday and struggled until 12 when the wind picks up. Noon is when most people are leaving and there is usually no more then 5 boats on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bob View Post
    Theres no 5 pounders in Skinner.....You must be in the wrong section. DVL is <^> that way.

What rig were you in Hawg? I did not know you came to Skinner. Would be cool to meet some of the local regular forum posters.
    Lol, sure there are;

We are in a Stratos 175XT. Yellow and Grey graphics. Bob, I fished Skinner for many years until DVL opened. We came back every week when the ramp at DVL closed during the last major drawdown. If you see us feel free to introduce yourself. It's great meeting fellow FNN'rs at the lakes...

I'm planning to take a family out for stripers in 2 weeks and can't decide between Pyramid, Castaic, Silverwood, and Skinner. Basic u-rig trolling and looking for boils from a rental all day. Seems like each lake has bad and good points. The dropping water level is clearly a big no-no for the boil bite it seems..... :(

Yah, I can't speak for the other lakes, but the boil bite is all but gone at Skinner. Trolling is becoming somewhat tricky with u-rigs because of their running depth. The bottom can come up and bite you real fast now. If you just stay out in the middle of the lake it's safe but much less trolling success to be had there. Good electronics are key now.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Yah, I can't speak for the other lakes, but the boil bite is all but gone at Skinner. Trolling is becoming somewhat tricky with u-rigs because of their running depth. The bottom can come up and bite you real fast now. If you just stay out in the middle of the lake it's safe but much less trolling success to be had there. Good electronics are key now.
    Thanks for the update. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bob View Post
    Like Pat mentioned the LMB bite is best from 12-closing right now. I fished open until closed yesterday and struggled until 12 when the wind picks up. Noon is when most people are leaving and there is usually no more then 5 boats on the lake.
    Even in the afternoon we had to slow our presentations down to get bites.

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    Yep blame it on 20 minute showers and landscaping
    But not the environmental cutbacks or record drought... nah....

As I was getting back to the dock today 10/23 I exchanged greetings with the guy sitting out on the front of the Marina. He informed me the water will be coming down another 3 feet tonight. I knew something was up when I passed by the inlet and it was barely running. I hear a few guys didn't heed the warning about fence posts in the inlet area, and had some hull damage. YOW!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12