Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing trip to the sierras

Default fishing trip to the sierras

my gf and i hit up the sierras this past weekend for our first time, on sat morning we fished north lake, then sabrina, and also south lake, between her and i hooked up to 17 small winies some nice colors. all fishies were released unharmed all we used was crappie jigs all fish were lip hooked. i was kind of bumed out to see people taking those small fish home. we called it a day and stayed in Bishop, people there are very friendly. on sun morning her and i had breakfast and got ready to do it over again, stoped at sporting goods store [REAGAN'S] he has everything you need and is very friendly. Reagan gave us some info on Rock creek so that was our next stop, first we went for a hike up there started jigging around noon i can say we hooked up all around the lake on the same two jigs it was so much fun. between her and i landed like 30 fish no joke all were released unharmed i can say this was one of our best fishing trip in a long time here are some pics, ,,,,,,,
    Last edited by Jess; 05-15-2012 at 04:31 PM. Reason: more pics

Thanks for the report. Ill be up there a week from today hoping to get the same action. Was the road open to north lake, or did you hike it? Thanks

no problem man and yea the road is open

sweet thanks again for the report.

Which Lake was that, that had snow on the shores?

Nice report man

That was rock creek, wear sunscreen around snow we got sunburned with the quickness

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    That was rock creek, wear sunscreen around snow we got sunburned with the quickness
    THanks, that's what I thought. When we were there for then opener, only the inlet and outlet were ice free.

Nice job in the high country.... cant beat the scenery and the fishing!!!!

Thanks man, and yes its beautiful up there and its amazing to be able to see the fish inhale your bait right in front of you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast