Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullfrog fishing at Harbor Park.

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    I would think u would have to be careful at harbor lake when u bend over and pick up
    a frog. It could be like picking up a bar of soap in county jail. Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    If raising it doesnt turn out good you can always eat the legs. they taste like chicken if you fry them.
    That water is contaminated. Supposed to start demolition of the lake very soon.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    That water is contaminated. Supposed to start demolition of the lake very soon.
    DR
    hey if this was texas we wouldve divoured that frog already from head to toe. hahaha
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Take em home and eat then, they are good.

Well I've seen people out there spearing them for dinner. The pier area is the easiest place to find and catch them. Just shine a bright flashlight down on the hydrilla and when you spot one drop your lure in front of its face. When it eats it simply reel it up because once it takes it inside its mouth it doesn't let go. A long-handled net should also work or if you are more barbaric you could spear them out as I've seen some people do there.

I personally wouldn't eat anything out of there, much less frogs, but if you are willing to chance it there are tons of them out there at night. Just come around dusk into the night hours and they can be easily caught using a variety of methods. Just make sure you bring some mosquito repellent and bring a buddy because it isn't the safest area to be out at night by yourself.
    Last edited by Surfer; 04-29-2011 at 11:13 AM.

topwater frog they love them

Quote Originally Posted by viking172 View Post
    topwater frog they love them
    yeah topwater frog is the best they will swallow it and do not let go.The hooks i dig into the plastic body just toss it near the bullfrog and it should immediatly jump on it and swallow it up always trips me out and you can do this during the day. I dont know about taken it home they sure are loud

Quote Originally Posted by oakboy View Post
    Pics! We want Pics! Sounds like a RAD aquarium or what ever you called it? Hope it went well.<><KP
    X2. I bet that's an awesome-looking habitat.

does your butt hurt?

WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS!

Hey Surfer, You should try the drainage swamp on Ocean ave between Hawthorne and Anza & PCH and Lomita.
    We used to go in there for giant frogs and tadpoles the size of golfballs. Go Ninga at sunset weekday time, 1 fence.

Also one in Wilmington next to Ecology Auto Wrecking on Wilmington Blvd between PCH and Lomita Blvd.
    DR

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast