Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9/8/14 Lake Closed Am

Because we are "RIGHT" and you are "WRONG". It's really that simple dumbazz!!!

So uhhh..... whats the weather going to be like tomorrow? I am going to head to the lake in the am. I hope they do not turn us away again.

About the same as today according to the weather channel...

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Because we are "RIGHT" and you are "WRONG". It's really that simple dumbazz!!!
    You're right and I'm wrong is what you believe. Well can that line of reasoning pass the smell test. (Logic) I won't even go deep in the archives to try to prove my point. You Mr. DEV started a thread called Urgent about the government trying to tax or charge user fees for public land usage. You complained about how terrible the government is for making us pay additional fees to use the public land. Yet in another thread started just yesterday about buying goods on line, you admit to being a PIRATE in denying the state sales tax revenue. So using your logic, deny the state needed sales tax revenue. Then have the nerve to complain about paying additional user fee's to use the public land. You're right, I'm the dumbazz, for not understanding DEVOREFLYER ECONOMICS 101. Sorry for the thread jack!!!!!! I just couldn't pass up having a little fun with DEV comment.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-08-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bob View Post
    So uhhh..... whats the weather going to be like tomorrow? I am going to head to the lake in the am. I hope they do not turn us away again.
    I'll see ya' there Bob

Bob the lake opened at 10 am I must say it was nice having the whole lake , don't worry you didn't miss much hope that makes it better lol tight lines

I've lived in 5 states and fished in probably 20+. California is the only state that I've ever heard of closing a lake. I don't just mean when there's high winds or lightning in the area, CA closes them because the sun goes down. Are you telling me that if I drown or get hit by lightning I can, I mean my wife can, sue the state?
    We're all adults, let us fish when we want.

NFCD I, I too have fished countless lakes out of state many in the south (Texas, Arkansas, So Carolina). Never heard of a lake being closed, locals say if your too stupid to venture out it's your fault. I also never paid a fee to launch unless it was from a private marina and then usually $5 and you were on the honor system to put the money in a drop box. My 10 day out of state fishing license in So Carolina was only $11, when my back seater comes in from out of state to fish a tournament this month his liscense is $46 for 10 days, ya gotta just love California.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    ya gotta just love California.
    Do I really gotta?

Clear sailing on the weather front today. Maybe some activity down in the south Diego desert areas but all should be good at Skinner.

Lake Skinner’s recreation lake will be closed Friday, August 29, 2014 due to Metropolitan Water District (MWD) Water Treatment. No fishing or boats will be allowed on the lake. The catfish stock scheduled for this Friday will be cancelled. The lake will reopen for normal operation on Saturday, August 30, 2014. For questions, please contact (951) 926-1541. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12