Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corona Lake

Default Corona Lake

Anyone been out recently? I haven't seen that many reports here or from fishinglakes.com but the pictures they do post looks like the trout are bitting. Since the lake has changed so much anyone have tips, tricks or spots?

Default Lake levels at Corona

Did the lake fill up with the recent storms?

Quote Originally Posted by fshnritchey View Post
    Did the lake fill up with the recent storms?
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

i would like to know myself
    Last edited by Tom; 12-13-2014 at 03:40 PM.

The rain storms have not added much water to the Lake. We need more rain to get the creek flowing to fill the Lake. Shore fishing has been good. Currently no boats or tubes are being permitted so the trout are not getting pressured as much, this has helped shore fishing. Every week we stock on Thursday. The Lake is open Friday through Tuesday. Closed on Wed. And Thur. Photos of recent catches can be seen on our website www.fishinglakes.com or on our facebook page. Thanks!

Wow, all that rain soaked in. But it's still way early in the rainy time, rain will come. Thanks for the update.

I went out on Saturday to get my son his first fish, the lake level hasn't really improved that much. So on to the report... I promised my son a trip for doing well in school and Saturday was the day. We arrived at 4:30 and were 3rd in line once the gates opened we headed to grab our spot and good thing because by 6:30 the shore was packed except for the shore line on the south end of the lake. After a few hours of having a very slow pick of trout on the shore line maybe 6-7 fish from what I could see. I switched my sons rod over to a panfish set up and got him into a few hard fighting tilapia. Around 1:30 the bite picked up with most guys getting a trout or two I got bite around 2 on a 12" leader fishing green powerbait with bite on garlic and hatchery dust, I let my son real that in on my 8.6 foot ultralite rod so that was fun to watch. I used just about every bait with leaders from about 6"-48" mid channel/lake seemed to be the spot. I got two short bites fishing LGE plastics the fished seemed to be really lethargic and very slow retrieves seemed to be the best. All in all it was a great day I got my son hooked on fishing and got him his first trout and panfish so as a dad it was great!

Quote Originally Posted by dacoach View Post
    I went out on Saturday to get my son his first fish, the lake level hasn't really improved that much. So on to the report... I promised my son a trip for doing well in school and Saturday was the day. We arrived at 4:30 and were 3rd in line once the gates opened we headed to grab our spot and good thing because by 6:30 the shore was packed except for the shore line on the south end of the lake. After a few hours of having a very slow pick of trout on the shore line maybe 6-7 fish from what I could see. I switched my sons rod over to a panfish set up and got him into a few hard fighting tilapia. Around 1:30 the bite picked up with most guys getting a trout or two I got bite around 2 on a 12" leader fishing green powerbait with bite on garlic and hatchery dust, I let my son real that in on my 8.6 foot ultralite rod so that was fun to watch. I used just about every bait with leaders from about 6"-48" mid channel/lake seemed to be the spot. I got two short bites fishing LGE plastics the fished seemed to be really lethargic and very slow retrieves seemed to be the best. All in all it was a great day I got my son hooked on fishing and got him his first trout and panfish so as a dad it was great!
    Nice job, Dad! I'm looking forward to fishing with my kids! They are 17 months and 2 months--not yet ready. haha

theyre ready ! get em out there :) haha
    i started when i was still in the stroller

Nice job on getting your son out and on some fish . When I was in school fishing my reward as well and I turned out pretty darn well and of course hooked on fishing

Trust me the smile one my face was huge when we woke up the next morning and he asked if we could go fishing again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast