Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 4/20/2021 lake skinner recon

Default 4/20/2021 lake skinner recon

Took a trip out with a buddy of mine to see if the stripers were biting, the stripers are all over midd lake to ramp 2 surfacing and not really biting... not sure what caused them to swim around like that in groups... spawning?? Anyways we got some on some super tiny lures, sort after went to the dam and anchored up with chicken liver and limited out, here’s a YouTube vid i made of our trip. Check it out, thank you and fish-on!

Apexfishing31
    https://youtu.be/eqWe4xwKq6Y

Quote Originally Posted by socal_rob View Post
    Took a trip out with a buddy of mine to see if the stripers were biting, the stripers are all over midd lake to ramp 2 surfacing and not really biting... not sure what caused them to swim around like that in groups... spawning?? Anyways we got some on some super tiny lures, sort after went to the dam and anchored up with chicken liver and limited out, here’s a YouTube vid i made of our trip. Check it out, thank you and fish-on!

Apexfishing31
    https://youtu.be/eqWe4xwKq6Y
    Nice video!

A couple of questions if you don't mind?

How did you stay on the buoy line?

On the chicken Livers, did you freeze them or just fished them right out of the package?

Excellent video. Great day and especially for me good information. Going to hit Skinner for the first time very soon. I had the same question about the buoy line, its a no no elsewhere.

The stripers have been puddling on the surface for a few weeks now. Maybe Kwin can chime in on exactly why they're doing that? They certainly aren't crashing on bait. BTW this is the best Skinner video I've ever seen! And by the way, it is illegal to tie to the buoy line. If you get caught they'll just ask you to untie.
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 04-23-2021 at 08:42 AM.

Nice report and video! is that the new Insta360 or the first one? Either way great job out there.. and thanks for the report.