Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Hermosa Beach Mako

Default Hermosa Beach Mako

My son sent me this pic of a mako that was pulled in at the pier today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3C104CC3-3C52-4E60-9A98-A19F0B1BB6F0.jpg 
Views:	897 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	50962

Uh oh that’s a whitey

Quote Originally Posted by bighuff View Post
    Uh oh that’s a whitey
    I couldnt tell by the photo but my son ( who doesn’t know a minnow from a marlin) said there was some arguments among the boys that brought it in. I guess greed rules over regs

Was it released to fight another day?

No, I am afraid not. According to my son, they bashed him on the head and were all excited about sushi and shark fin soup (his guess since he couldn't understand a thing they were saying). I am sure if anyone had confronted them they would play the "no speakee Engrish" card.

Quote Originally Posted by bighuff View Post
    Uh oh that’s a whitey
    I'd have to look at the teeth to be positive, but in light of what's been happening the last few months my money is on a GWS. Would have been great for a warden to show up and "educate" them.

Not a shark expert, but caught a Mako before. Looked at pics of both and sure does look like a Great White! Could be wrong though?

Baby Great White
    Sad to see people fish for stuff and not have any clue or not give a damn about the regulations.
    Maybe they'll get a lovely gut parasite along with their Great White Sushi
    Last edited by Brent; 04-11-2018 at 10:18 AM.