Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A little Troutin on Turkey day at LNL

Default A little Troutin on Turkey day at LNL

This fishing season has got to be the most unpredictable season I ever had!!! Not that I'm complaining one bit!!!! What I really mean by that statement was, "certain freshwater bites didn't materialize while others did." While this Saltwater season is one for the record books. So when the local trout season rolled around I wasn't that optimistic as I was at the end of last season. I read a funny quote recently on another thread on FNN. It said, "you're going to have good day's and bad day's in fishing just more bad day's then good." I'm so glad that I fish with a great bunch of friends, so that the previous statement doesn't really apply to us!!!! lol This is also a shout out to my friend Jared, "who was willingly to be the test crash dummy for LNL." Everybody knows the start of this local trout season has started off with a whimper and not a bang!!!! So when Jared braved warm puckey water at LNL to see if our mad fishing techniques would still work, "my hat is off to him for his effort"

If anyone wants to get a big score at LNL, you have to be fishing one of three ways. Fly fishing in a float tube, jiging from a boat or our technique. Power Mice with a very short leader dipped in Garlic!!!! Yea I know people can catch them on PB or N/C or some type of metal lure. But I'm talking about a really big score of 30-100 fish per day. (LNL does allow C&R under certain circumstances) I'm sure I got your attention now!!!!! lol Is LNL ready to give up those big scores yet???????? NOPE!!!!!!!!! Why might you ask???? Global warming of course!!!!!! Just Kidding!!!!! No like all the local lakes the water is still a little too warm and it still has some algae and it's coffee colored water. Am I telling people to stay away "NO WAY!!!!" Just fish a little smarter!!!! Power bait is a thing of the past!!!! It's Power Mice Now!!!!! I'll give a lesson on them if anybody wants to hear about it!!!!

On to the fishing!!!!! I'm going to combine today and yesterday fishing report together because it was the same pattern. It was Jared fishing solo in a boat yesterday and it was 2 boats today. Jared and his boys in one boat and myself and Glen in another boat. Jared started yesterday and today in a boat down in zone 4, just to the left of the float tube launch ramp. He caught a quick 5 in that spot both days casting toward the bank. After that he fished directly across the lake in the corner by three pipes area for another 5 and off the water before 11. We stayed in the 3 pipes area all morning and caught around 10 also. It's not wide open yet, but decent fishing if you fish smart. Get there early in the morning and fish Power Mice on some of your poles. The best color was pink/white and a few on white and remember don't forget the garlic!!!!!!! That water is really stained now and and hopefully in a couple to three weeks it will be wide open!!!! Till then tight lines and Good Luck!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-27-2014 at 09:57 PM.

I didn't even know they were planting trout yet.. Nice report, love the garlic!

Was also there with my kids for a morning session. Did well from a boat...tried various baits just to kind of see what the ticket was. Haven't been there in a few years.
    -Nightcrawler under the bobber, no takes. Tried this pretty much all day.
    -Mice tail...1 take, farmed it though.
    -Kastmaster and Lil Ripper Spoon. Nada.
    -Salmon eggs...caught a few.
    -P/B...was the ticket. Rainbow was the best for us.

etucker was spot on...garlic is a must!

Great report! I've been thinking of hitting up LNL since my lake looks like they won't be stocking for a long time :-( Might have to give it a go next week after the stocking. I'd be solo and so very unlikely renting a boat, is the bite still good from shore? Might have to bust out some old fly spinning techniques.
    Last edited by titos334; 11-29-2014 at 03:13 PM.