Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: A lil slow at Bport

Default A lil slow at Bport

Had a great ... beautiful drive through canyon from Gardnerville ... and a gorgeous day ... until we got blown off the lake about 1pm Didn't see a lot of fish caught ... about 6-10 boats out. We got only 4 in the boat ... fished out from the large house on the eastern shore ... might be called the Morrison Lodge

It's a tricky lake to fish with a lot of weeds and snags where you would expect it to be clear.

BUT ... had a huge yank ... and snapped the line ... don't think it was weed ... Any opinions?
    Then hit one ... that jumped and gave a tussle ... got a pretty good look at him ... probably 5 pounds and he spit the hook ... bent the wire going through my Tasmanian. Lost 1 about 1-5 to 2 ... spit the hook also. Key lures were Bleeding Red Taz ... and a silver/black Rapala.
    FWIW ... I've been told to take that out of the lure ... change hooks ... probably should go to stingers. tie line straight to lure with beads in between ... Any thoughts

Drove up to the Virginias so my friend could see them ... then took a fun dirt road ride from Virginias past Green Creek to 395 ... and had a burger in Bport. Their double patty is too much maybe ... even for a big eater like me. Ended the day with a beautiful back through the Carson River canyon

Sorry I couldn't report a better day of fishing ... but thought it good for someone to report who doesn't kill them ... so some of us will feel better

Gud fizhun to y'all
    Last edited by billy b; 07-20-2016 at 10:16 AM.