Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Pyramid LaKe no Luck

Default Pyramid LaKe no Luck

Hello Everyone,

Taking a break from Surf and going to Lake tomorrow the problem I always have is that I can never catch anything at the lake I had no luck on either Castiac or Pyramid maybe it is the bait I am using. Usually black plastic worms or lizards. Can anyone of you good fishing experts help me give me advise, hints, or anything. Hard to bring back my inner kid empty handed

95% of the fish live in 5% of the lake. I don't know exactly where you were fishing, but if you were throwing your baits in an area where 95% of the fish don't live, that may have contributed to your bad day.

I think my best tip would to fish in an area where you have the highest probability of catching fish. Is there a specific species you are targeting?

I fish in the area right of entrance on vista de lago

Quote Originally Posted by lostfisherman View Post
    I fish in the area right of entrance on vista de lago
    That's a pretty good spot...mostly because everyone keeps driving to the main ramp.

Are you focusing on a specific species? Are you bait and wait?

Honestly, my advice is to get to Vista Del Lago as early as you can, and start throwing reaction baits. I'm assuming the stripers will be coming up focusing on the shad this time of year, and the largies/smallies will be right behind them.

Instead of throwing baits that resemble worms and lizards, switch up to someone that resembles a threadfin shad or a silverside minnow, which is the main fin fish forage baits for Pyramid.

If you're lucky to find boils within casting distance, then you should be in good shape with flukes, topwaters and small jerkbaits. Even if a striper doesn't inhale your bait, there will be largies and smallies right below them cleaning up the dinner table.

I would focus on the bottom bouncing baits (worms, lizard, etc) until the sun has come up and pushed the fish into a deeper spot on the water column.

I usually go after work 5pm and stay till sunset I am going to Walmart to get some bait that looks like this :http://www.crappieslabfishing.com/cr...ulp-alive.html
    would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by lostfisherman View Post
    I usually go after work 5pm and stay till sunset I am going to Walmart to get some bait that looks like this :http://www.crappieslabfishing.com/cr...ulp-alive.html
    would that work?
    You know, I've never thrown the Gulp series, but that should work.

The best thing I do?

Do a Google Image search for the two main forage fish in the lake:

Threadfin:

Silverside:

If you find baits that look like that, there shouldn't be a reason those fish in that lake wouldn't inhale them in an instant.

A tip? Make sure you cover a lot of territory. During this time of year, unlike the spring, the fish will be roaming. They'll be following the food, instead of focusing on an area to spawn. So, don't be afraid to tie up those hiking boots, and start covering a lot of territory and making a lot of casts. That'll be your best bet this time of year, until November, rather than sitting on one spot hoping the fish wander by.

you can hire bob(trout only) he's has the hot hand there. good luck