Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Suggstion for shore fishing location? 90 minutes with my son....

Default Suggstion for shore fishing location? 90 minutes with my son....

Greetings.

My oldest son and I used to go to the Sierras annually when he was younger. He's home for a short time after six years out of our home (college & work) and we have about 90 minutes open slot this Sat at Big Bear and we are thinking of fishing there between 5:30 am and 7 am. Surgical in and out....:)

We can only fish from shore give our time limit. May I have a suggested place for shore and the types of lures that may work best?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by Ultralight; 09-05-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Maybe for next time:
    Park on the north shore near the red house. You can't see it until your on the shoreline up above. It's not too far once you turn left in front of the dam. Maybe a mile. That's the area where you can park. There's an outhouse visible on the highway there. I park before that as soon as the signs permit you to park. I go down the little hillside in the area that is more to the west. There's a big rock on the shore. I usually fish next to that. About a 3 foot leader with 4 lb test maximum and a #16 treble hook. Some people use a slip bobber. I don't. Egg sinker and split shot holding it. I use corn or garlic powerbait. Sometimes I mix them 50/50. Crawlers work too but the Powerbait usually does the trick without me being stuck with a bunch of leftover worms.
    Last edited by IE fisherman; 09-10-2019 at 10:25 AM.