Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smallmouth caught at LP!

Default Smallmouth caught at LP!

I got a call today to do a 4 pound, 19 inch Smallmouth Bass mount (replica) from a guy that caught it from Perris this morning. I did not see the fish, but he said he had pics he took before measuring, weighing and releasing it. He said the fish was a bass and had the vertical bars and brownish color and red eyes. Maybe someone put it in from DVL?.. By the way, I no longer do fish taxidermy...

According to the University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources no Smallmouth Bass are in Lake Perris. If in fact it was a Smallmouth Bass he just released a Lake Record fish and missed out by not having it certified.

Need pics!!!!!

I would have released it too. No big deal if smallies are in LP. Had spots once. Smallies might be cool anyway, they fight better than LMB. Just so long as they don't eat all my BGs!

I too would have released it, but having a live well in my boat I would have done everything to get it certified and safely put back in the lake. I hope it was not a freak happening and that there are many more where he came from. Pound for pound nothing fights like a Smallie.

At DVL all Smallies must be immediately released but Perris isn't supposed to have any.
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 10-25-2014 at 06:58 PM.

I know for a fact that at least one Smallie has been caught at Perris before.... I wont name names but he caught it in a tournament about 8 years ago and released it. That is a fact.. how it got there is unknown but Im sure there are many ways for them to get there... There never used to be Striper right? And there are now... Same with Flatheads...

Pete

Well, there's one of two ways, through the Duct or in someone's livewell or ice chest...

I'm sure if the stripers can get in from the river so can the smallies.

anywhere the colorado river feeds, smallmouths are present. They're most certainly in perris lake. That's not the best habitat for them, they prefer shallower areas.

Perris gets its water from the Delta not the Colorado river hence no Quagga. But there are Smallies in the delta...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast