Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Opener report

Default Opener report

Hey guys,

We just got back after another great opener. Left way early Friday AM and hit up lone pine sand trap for nothing. Then we fished the owens outside of bishop for a few decent rainbows. Finally hit up pleasant valley res for nada. Super croweded everywhere! Friday night we just enjoyed some outside BBQ'ing in the wind and hail. Fun stuff for sure!
    Woke up early and hit up Crowley at dawn with just about everyone else. Conditions were typical opener with some light snowfall. The action was decent and we managed some great quality cutthroats and well as some medium sized rainbows. I've never had cutthroat fishing of this quality before, so that was a good surprise. Highlight of the day was an epic battle with a 5lb cutthroat caught on a thomas bouyant! Finished the day drinking beers at convict while catching and releasing a bunch of stockers on lures. Dinner at Moguls eating steak and sharing opener stories from years past. Love the sierras!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	48355

Ming

Thanks for sharing. The off-the-water times are some great times too!

Beautiful fish!!!

I'm headed there on the 11th.

CONGRATS

Congrats on the cutt! I'll be headed up there in June, hope to get one of those as well!