Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: First Time fishing Castaic Today

Default First Time fishing Castaic Today

Will be out there on my newly purchased sea eagle 124smb. Wish me luck! Will report on my findings here in the evening.

Update: I just suck at fishing I guess!

Never did the big lake thing before and although the water is low, I had no idea where to even start. Trolled kastmasters and deep diving cranks for awhile. Threw my topwater past boils and walked it through them got no luck. Rigged a Fat IKA and cast it onto the walls in the coves on the fishing arm.

Welp. A learning experience. Hopefully I can put more FNN knowledge into practice now that I've actually been to the place.

Only saw a few boats. fishing boats mostly off around 2 (I arrived at 1 for the afternoon session). Wind was not that bad, the sun was. After they really kicked everyone out at approx 7pm, some leftover shore anglers and my group watched some big boils happening at the end of the boat docks.

Cool Place! Thanks for all your reports helping me to improve my next trip!

My first time i had no luck. 2nd time i did better...3rd time is in the am...there are a lot of pros here. Hopefully they will help you like they help me. Read all the reports. If all else fail Call T.O
    Last edited by Perris Bluegill Chaser; 09-02-2014 at 10:48 PM.

haha yes. my all else fails was to call T.O. (which I might do anyway), but I did want to see if I could piece together some of the puzzle myself. Thanks for the confidence! drc

Its only bass...all the pros have a-rigs....A good top water lure. sub surface lures...And the go to bait and wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by drc521 View Post
    haha yes. my all else fails was to call T.O. (which I might do anyway), but I did want to see if I could piece together some of the puzzle myself. Thanks for the confidence! drc

I think the fish are keyed on some small bait right now. Give smaller baits a try. Last time I was there they wanted slower moving small swim baits.

Give T/O a call. My son and I were with him for one day and learned a lot from him. That way you don't waste time and gas on your day off. He is well worth it. After that, you can go and apply what you learned and catch some more. He will teach everything you need to know to be an effective striper catcher. Highly recommend T/O.

Its only my 3rd time there...its not that hard.