Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Carbon Canyon DFW Trout

Default Carbon Canyon DFW Trout

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I'm inquiring about why CCRP doesn't not receive any DFW trout during the winter and spring months. Hope to get an answer soon from the DFW, the park ranger notified me they have met all water condition guidelines but the DFW isn't doing their part. I will keep you guys updated.

Quote Originally Posted by georatm2011 View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to let you know I'm inquiring about why CCRP doesn't not receive any DFW trout during the winter and spring months. Hope to get an answer soon from the DFW, the park ranger notified me they have met all water condition guidelines but the DFW isn't doing their part. I will keep you guys updated.

I don't know what park ranger you spoke with bu they have already received trout. I was bass fishing about 2 weeks ago and was there when the truck pulled up and dumped them in. Didn't have any trout stuff with me but they are already in there. Coulda been a county plant and not DFW.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasb10 View Post
    I don't know what park ranger you spoke with bu they have already received trout. I was bass fishing about 2 weeks ago and was there when the truck pulled up and dumped them in. Didn't have any trout stuff with me but they are already in there. Coulda been a county plant and not DFW.
    County plant!!! So back to the original question, why doesn't the DFW plant the lake????

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    County plant!!! So back to the original question, why doesn't the DFW plant the lake????
    DFW does not stock every single body of water in CA. With much reduced budgets, fish stocking has been reduced dramatically and with much smaller fish. I'd ask which ever agency runs the lake why. Looks like it is a city park in Santa Clarita. Give their parks department a call at (661) 250-3739 and ask the question.
    Last edited by Viejo; 12-13-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Good luck with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    DFW does not stock every single body of water in CA. With much reduced budgets, fish stocking has been reduced dramatically and with much smaller fish. I'd ask which ever agency runs the lake why. Looks like it is a city park in Santa Clarita. Give their parks department a call at (661) 250-3739 and ask the question.
    I believe you're looking at the wrong park. There's no way Carbon Canyon Regional Park is in Santa Clarita. It's in the city of brea and is regional park ran by OC Parks. Santa Clarita is quite a distance away and is in Ventura County.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    I believe you're looking at the wrong park. There's no way Carbon Canyon Regional Park is in Santa Clarita. It's in the city of brea and is regional park ran by OC Parks. Santa Clarita is quite a distance away and is in Ventura County.
    Old eyes and I did bother to reply.

I looked up Canyon Country Park in Santa Clarita. If Etucker wants to know he knows where to call. Same info applies....DFW doesn't stock every lake or creek in the state. He can ask OC why so cheap with the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Old eyes and I did bother to reply.

I looked up Canyon Country Park in Santa Clarita. If Etucker wants to know he knows where to call. Same info applies....DFW doesn't stock every lake or creek in the state. He can ask OC why so cheap with the fish.
    Carbon Canyon is one of my home lakes. I've spent many a day/night catching Catfish or Carp before they re-did it!!! So I know the politics on that pond.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-13-2016 at 03:22 PM.

DFW contacted me and stated they are trying to get trout stocked by 2017 at Carbon. They would do good in that lake, I've caught county trout even a month after the stock. Let's hope for the best...