Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Quick Silverwood report

Default Quick Silverwood report

Went to the Wood today. BRAVE, I KNOW!! Morning was nice. Metered a lot of fish in Miller. Water looks good. You can see the algae breaking up and thick weed mats diminishing. By 11 we couldn't find a cove and the wind was starting to pick up. Found a little tight fitting cove with some structure and depth in it and baited up for some striper action. Minutes into it, hooked into a nice, big fish...lost him in the structure. Caught a few striper, then a few 5lb class catfish. Healthy and strong. Nice to break in the new pole that way. Good time, good fishing...and the water was good enuff for a swim. On a side note...did see a few bass and striper belly up in Miller...but that's the only fish and the only place. Fish On!

Good job over the hot weekend. I just bought a house in Hesperia, so looks like Silverwood will be seeing a lot of me, in between home improvement projects.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Welcome to the hood!
    Corrected it for ya.

Dc....Welcome to the neighborhood! We'll have to get together and fish the Wood!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Corrected it for ya.
    I'm in a little Shangri-La within the hood. Although my Shangri-La is still too damn hot!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I'm in a little Shangri-La within the hood. Although my Shangri-La is still too damn hot!!!!
    I like to call mine "The Redneck Riviera".

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Sorry to hijack your thread Fishincouple. I am off of Sultana and Escondido south of the new Wally World. I used to fish DVL mostly, my fishing partner has a Ranger. When I fish shoreline I am usually tossing the big swimbaits.

Hope to be out soon. Sod is next on the list for our home.