Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2017 LA Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

this whole preseason has been waaaaay to optimistic for my taste. i kinda see us as Charlie Brown and the Dodgers are Lucy holding the football... will we ever learn?

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    this whole preseason has been waaaaay to optimistic for my taste. i kinda see us as Charlie Brown and the Dodgers are Lucy holding the football... will we ever learn?
    I think any serious baseball fan takes the preseason with a grain of salt , considering it's really only a testing ground for us to see what our farm looks like and just to see where our youth ranks in our system (and other teams' systems) and where they will be placed once the regular season starts. (Unless you're the beach ball/wave type of fan for the Dodgers, who care more about what song is being played on the PA than the actual game at hand, and who actually pay attention to Ws and Ls in the preseason, which I know you're not.)

When your team will be below .500 during the year, your only hope is to take preseason seriously (Halos, perhaps?)

All i know is that, finally, for the first few times in the past 20 years, I can actually pay attention to the pre season just to see which unfortunate GM we're going to trade rape before the trading deadline this year. Too bad Ruben Amaro got fired.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 04-04-2017 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Grammar is not my best skill.

Joe Davis: What say the peanut gallery?

for myself, I like him. though it is strange to hear two guys calling a home game, I understand how incredibly difficult it is to call a baseball game alone. Vin was one of a kind and of an era that is now gone for good. time to look forward

IMHOP you could do worse than Orel as a color guy - much worse. as it stands, he's no more or less remarkable than parsley on a plate of a new stepmom's Sunday dinner. Nomar, on the other hand... I dunno - he's too Steve Lyon-esque for my taste. but, we'll see.

Of course, City Girl, being a teen-aged girl, spent the first three innings complaining loudly about the new guys. loss is hard, especially at that age... but eventually had to tell her she to stop letting sound come out of her mouth or she was off the couch. She'll get over it. honestly, like any true baseball fan, she is indulging in a little self-righteous "I remember the good old days" which kinda makes a dad proud.

we both hate the automatic intentional walk (thought it was kinda funny to see it blow Puig's mind.)

we're going tonight to watch Kenta battle a lineup as lethal as last week's lettuce.

Go Blue
    Last edited by City Dad; 04-04-2017 at 08:35 AM. Reason: canrt tuype

Joe Davis: What say the peanut gallery?

for myself, I like him. though it is strange to hear two guys calling a home game, I understand how incredibly difficult it is to call a baseball game alone. Vin was one of a kind and of an era that is now gone for good. time to look forward

IMHOP you could do worse than Orel as a color guy - much worse. as it stands, he's no more or less remarkable than parsley on a plate of a new stepmom's Sunday dinner. Nomar, on the other hand... I dunno - he's too Steve Lyon-esque for my taste. but, we'll see.

Of course, City Girl, being a teen-aged girl, spent the first three innings complaining loudly about the new guys. loss is hard, especially at that age... but eventually had to tell her she to stop letting sound come out of her mouth or she was off the couch. She'll get over it. honestly, like any true baseball fan, she is indulging in a little self-righteous "I remember the good old days" which kinda makes a dad proud.

we both hate the automatic intentional walk (thought it was kinda funny to see it blow Puig's mind.)

we're going tonight to watch Kenta battle a lineup as lethal as last week's lettuce.

Go Blue
    I think Joe and Orel are ok...like picking starting ballplayers, it's a matter of who do you have to pick from...Vin is happily retired so that's not an option, and I don't know of any available broadcasters who could make me not miss his work, so Joe and Orel will do.
    I agree about the automatic intentional walk...I once saw Dodger catcher Joe Ferguson hit a poorly executed intentional walk pitch into right field for a hit off Tug McGraw...wow was he pissed! For that reason alone I want to see four wide ones.
    Last edited by Stumpknocker; 04-04-2017 at 09:06 AM.

That automatic walk thing is BS. I can't count the number of times a pitcher has had his rhythm thrown off because he just threw 4 balls in a row.

And for what? To shave off 3 seconds of a game? If they wanted to make games shorter, they should prevent Pedro Baez from pitching.

I guarantee that they will change it back after they realize it does nothing to shorten a game.

And what's up with that offense? I mean, the Padres would get beat by a good Sunday league team, so that's not saying much, but at least Bumgarner isn't at the top of the leader board for home runs.

I don't understand the need to shorten games. "Let's shell out over $100, drive through awful traffic to get to the park, walk a mile to our seats, and then hope it doesn't last very long".

Any fan who has the time should really make it out to Camel Back for Spring Training. It is a blast...

...but if ya can't, first televised spring game is 25th...
    Ya, Camel Toe is a great place to see games!

Lets go bucs!

Quote Originally Posted by halochef View Post
    Lets go bucs!

Like the Pirates?

Or the Buccaneers?

I need to know to prepare the punchline.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	98bf501a116e8db948d2b7f7fae965be.jpg 
Views:	696 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	49775

do it!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast