Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fishing Apps Recommendations

Default Fishing Apps Recommendations

I wonder if you guys use fishing apps? If so, which ones do you recommend? I watched videos before where they had an app installed that can detect weather, water temperature, and other stuff related to fishing. What do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Althea Hamby View Post
    I wonder if you guys use fishing apps? If so, which ones do you recommend? I watched videos before where they had an app installed that can detect weather, water temperature, and other stuff related to fishing. What do you use?
    Google.com

Don't like installing extra apps on my devices when I can just get the same information from a simple web search.

Fair enough. But I was thinking of having an all-in-one thing. I guess there's be none.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea Hamby View Post
    Fair enough. But I was thinking of having an all-in-one thing. I guess there's be none.
    I'm curious what app you can use to detect water temperature? How does it get this reading without a thermometer being in the water? I've been on lakes where water temps fluctuate not only during the day, but in different areas of the lake.

An app that can get an accurate reading without a sensor with just a click would make a bunch of money.

Unless of course, they use 'averages' which IMO, is not a very accurate method of determining water temps.

For weather, I enjoy using Weather Underground which has a pretty accurate Doppler radar that I use to track rain and can analyze wind and the direction it is coming from.

That's pretty much the only two things I will look at during the day.

I'm not a believer much in the "best fishing times" or "best color of bait to use" gimmicks that I see advertised.

Anybody remember this contraption?

That's not impossible. They could do that, maybe base the temperature on what's the actual above water then maybe subtract whichever number or formula there is. LOL sorry not an expert. But that would be brilliant.

Yes, that's actually a great idea but figured I gotta stick to what I think is working for me. I just wanted to try and see if there are new apps that would make things easier and more fun.