Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lp 03 28 15

Default Lp 03 28 15

Finally was asked for my FL yesterday for the first time in 5 years of fishing Lake Perris.... Informed the Park Ranger and DFW officer (cutie) they should have been in the marina the week & two weeks before. Talk about snag city on the shad and wide open bass rape (by both poachers & Nazis). Friday the 20th was really bad. Watched a bunch of self professed jig pros - put em away - and join in the snag fest. And the big crappie were biting - too funny. Lot of big female bass have been taken - literally...

DFW explained to me that you can't use the shad for bait - even if you take them legally. I thought you could...... Park Ranger did say he is only a phone call away and is eager to enforce fishing regs & the lake regs as well.

Got one nice BG before all the skiers and jet skis screwed things up - gonna be a long hot summer.

Bummer , That those things happen , I see it as well and the DFW Rangers are right there if you do call them , a lot of times as soon as said people see you on the phone they run to there vehicles leaving almost everything behind lol ... Glad to see you got into 1 Gill , seems they are still a few weeks out .

Quote Originally Posted by d1LedHed View Post
    Finally was asked for my FL yesterday for the first time in 5 years of fishing Lake Perris.... Informed the Park Ranger and DFW officer (cutie) they should have been in the marina the week & two weeks before. Talk about snag city on the shad and wide open bass rape (by both poachers & Nazis). Friday the 20th was really bad. Watched a bunch of self professed jig pros - put em away - and join in the snag fest. And the big crappie were biting - too funny. Lot of big female bass have been taken - literally...

DFW explained to me that you can't use the shad for bait - even if you take them legally. I thought you could...... Park Ranger did say he is only a phone call away and is eager to enforce fishing regs & the lake regs as well.

Got one nice BG before all the skiers and jet skis screwed things up - gonna be a long hot summer.
    looked at the 2015/16 regulations booklet, says live threadfin shad may be used for bait as long as its taken legally and only used
    at the location taken from. This applies to southern district. Correct me if im wrong.

I'm with you on that it is legal to us shad . Was told same story at Silverwood lake when dfg saw my legal 36" shad net said I cannot use shad for bait at Silverwood ! Did the same thing looked up regs in dfg handbook & came to same conclusion as you it's legal !! WTF !! Lucy you got some explaining to do !

Think what where missing is that yes you can use the shad by use of dip net .. in this case they where being snagged , thus making it illegal ! keep your eyes peeled as it is happening everywhere and the DFW will help you if you report it fast enough . its all our responsibility to help protect out waters and make sure everyone's playing by the rules .