Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris 3/24/15

Default Perris 3/24/15

Planned the trip with my friend TJ to get out to Perris and see what's happening. We hit the lake about 8:30 and TJ starts out with 2 bass one of which is a PB on lake Perris at 2.12lbs. He really needs to get out to Perris more often. We move to another location and nothing, so we keep on moving and get to the east side of the island. He gets another small one and I finally get the skunk off of me with a small but very beautiful looking LMB. We move again after nothing else going on and I thought I would try my Rod that I've had for a year now but hadn't caught a fish with it. I tie on a crankbait and toss it around, low and beholdI catch a nice little bass that weighed in at exactly the same as TJ's, 2.12. Yes finally got one with that rod!!! we stay for a little bit longer and TJ lands a nice 2.7, little bastard wont let me catch up. We decide to try out the dam and take the little boat for a cruise. when we finally get there, nothing....move up a little and TJ extends his lead with another 2.4. I hate this kid. we move up a little more and nothing. Move up a little more and nothing. At this point we decide lets go try the tires and see what we can get. We finally arrive at the tires and start tossing, TJ again hooks up and lands one, then I hook up and get one on the boat. 30 seconds later he gets another one on, by the time he gets it to the boat i'm hooked up. All of em between 1.5 and 2.5lbs. TJ makes a comment of "man we need to get at least a 2.13?" He makes a cast and boom brings it in and weighs it up, exactly 2.13! we got a good laugh out of that one and T extends his PB on Perris by an ounce. I hook up with another small one and after that the area goes quite so move down the tires a little bit and.....nothing. I decide to go to a little favorite area I always catch a couple at to try and catch up to this kid. We arrive and after a couple of cast i'm on!! for those of you not keeping track the score is TJ-8 Me-6. A few more cast and im on again, I love this spot, im now within 1! a few more cast and we both agree on the call of last cast and well go back to the tires for a little bit and call it a day. So what does that brat do, of course catches one in my spot to extend his lead by 2. We pull up and go back to the tires for the last half hour. we cast around for a bit and TJ grabs another Lake Perris bass! I toss one right inbetween a couple of tires and TJ makes the comment, "that's a money cast right there" 2 seconds later BOOM! I said "sure enough money!!", then I felt it... this was a big one! the pull on this lunker was heavy and my pole had a bend on it! After about a 5 minute fight we see color and it looks big. T gets the net and we get in the boat. He grabs it by the lip, its hooked right in the corner of the mouth, he grabs the hook and with no effort at all removes it from the fish. I feel like Mike Iaconeli i'm so excited! I weigh it up and its 5.11 a new PB for me! TJ may have caught more fish but I got the biggest!! We had a blast out there for sure and if your not fishing Perris in the spring then you don't like to catch fish!

Check out TJ's You Tube channel www.youtube/bassnhockey.com

I want to give a shout out to Pete Marino. I was fortunate enough to go out with him for my B-day last year and he showed me a lot on how to fish Perris Lake. If your not catching any fish here hook up with Pete, he will change your life! Thanks Pete!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.11.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	45992   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.12.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	45993  

Awesome report! congrats on your PB lmao@i was feeling like Mike Iaconeli, LOVE it! i can just imagine....good job!

Sounds like you guys had a great day out there. Congrats on the PBs.

good job out there!!! Thanks for the kind words!!!

Pete

I second a trip with Pete.....it is an AWESOME experience

Were you throwing crankbaits over by the tires?

Yes throwing a strike king 1.5 but nothing to show for it, caught the big one on a plastic worm.