Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: California Taking Steps To Ban Common Fishing Weights And Gear

Well said Hawg. When people turn to ridicule, insults, and etc that means they don't have anything else good to say and they will either try to change the subject or attack someone to discredit a person. I also believe its an attempt from Obambii to try to stimulate the economy buy making people blinge buy. For example ammo now especially for .22 and .223 is out of stock because of all the proposed gun bans and all. Now its lead sinkers. I wonder whats next.They are hypocrites they have the secret service armed with all the "illegal guns" to protect them but they want to ban the citizens from owning guns. I wonder why. I believe his buddy Leland Lee is being charged for gun running hypocrites.
    Last edited by Vinh; 09-19-2014 at 10:00 AM.

As a bit of background information for the ban in the UK - lead split shot was banned due to duck hunters - bear with me - it was found that wild fowl were ingesting lead shot in large quantities while feeding. The reaction was to ban it completely, sadly, split shot was included in that ban. Research found that the amount of split shot versus the lead shot was minimal, but the ban remains. The increase in cost affected pretty much every single piece of equipment you bought - rods/reels/floats/flies/bait - everything. The cost increase wasn't minimal, it was around 60% - not an insignificant amount in any currency. There were other reasons as well, but the main reason was for the wild fowl.

Wurz

Seal, that would not surprise me in any way shape or form. A friend in the UK is an environmentalist - we had a discussion about the amount of fish in the sea - her response, all fishing (commercial and recreational) should be banned - talk about overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    Where is your source and in 1995 Slick Willy Clinton gave you some and at the same time enacted the ban. Its a federal thing like I said. Your first source was misleading and we interpret it that way now where is your second source. Youre supposed to cite the quote. You big Dummy
    DarkShadow's first source contained no ambiguity. It stated right at the beginning: “Our goal is to eliminate the use of lead ammunition and lead fishing tackle in parks by the end of 2010”. It more than supported DS's statement that "Yellowstone National Park has banned all lead items from their waterways." That was the main point of his post. You deciding to go off on a tangent didn't change that point.

And now we see you asking for more sources? You couldn't recognize a source if it sat on your face and farted the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Hey Homie/Uncle Dark Shadow,

I did some sleuthing and look in 1995 it is banned from all national wildlife reserves. So it is not just Wyoming
    http://www.loon.org/loon-lead-legislative-history.php
    You are referring to the banning of "the use of lead sinkers in National Wildlife Refuges where there is reasonable likelihood of an adverse impact on trumpeter swans or common loons". The same source you link to mentions "Lead shot banned in waterfowl hunting in all 50 states (enacted in 1986 for phased implementation by 1991)". So what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    That was my point as well Vinh. And now Cali policy is mimicking federal policy, or since Obozo said it, "the rest of the nation will follow California's lead". You beat me to it re:Blue dress Billy. But he also fails to consider the 1986 congressional majority. Congress makes the laws, unless you're Obozo, and a president can sign or veto. If there is enough of a one party majority, said legislation(laws) can be veto proof. Don't ya just love they way leftists spin and resort to ridicule?
    Ah, we see the Numbnuts Argument Flowchart™ in effect:

Too bad you didn't do your research. Turns out, the program enacted in 1986 was to implement and enforce three separate federal acts which had previously banned lead shot. Whatever the motivation, the laws were already on the books, and it was the executive branch which implemented the program to enforce them.

Well said Hawg. When people turn to ridicule, insults, and etc that means they don't have anything else good to say and they will either try to change the subject or attack someone to discredit a person. I also believe its an attempt from Obambii to try to stimulate the economy buy making people blinge buy. For example ammo now especially for .22 and .223 is out of stock because of all the proposed gun bans and all. Now its lead sinkers. I wonder whats next.They are hypocrites they have the secret service armed with all the "illegal guns" to protect them but they want to ban the citizens from owning guns. I wonder why. I believe his buddy Leland Lee is being charged for gun running hypocrites.
    I see you are taking a few pages from your white knight Hawggy's playbook. You turned to ridicule, insults and attacks, and then tried to change the subject. Only to accuse others of doing the same - classic Hawggy hypocrisy. Demanding (not to mention wantonly failing to comprehend) sources for claims, then turning around and making an outrageous statement regarding "binge buying" with no proof whatsoever to support it. Classic Hawggy hypocrisy. With all the deflection of your own in the above post, I'm amazed you didn't start accusing others of deflecting, a la classic Hawggy hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 09-19-2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typos, typos everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    DarkShadow's first source contained no ambiguity. It stated right at the beginning: “Our goal is to eliminate the use of lead ammunition and lead fishing tackle in parks by the end of 2010,” It more than supported DS's statement that "Yellowstone National Park has banned all lead items from their waterways." That the main point of his post. You deciding to go off on a tangent didn't change that point.

And now we see you asking for more sources? You couldn't recognize a source if it sat on your face and farted the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

The ban you are referring to banning "the use of lead sinkers in National Wildlife Refuges where there is reasonable likelihood of an adverse impact on trumpeter swans or common loons". The same source you link to mentions "Lead shot banned in waterfowl hunting in all 50 states (enacted in 1986 for phased implementation by 1991)". So what's your point?

Ah, we see the Numbnuts Argument Flowchart™ in effect:

Too bad you didn't do your research. Turns out, the program enacted in 1986 was to implement and enforce three separate federal acts which had previously banned lead shot. Whatever the motivation, the laws were already on the books, and it was the executive branch which implemented the program to enforce them.

I see you are taking a few pages from your white knight Hawggy's playbook. You turned to ridicule, insults and attacks, and then tried to change the subject. Classic Hawggy hypocrisy. Demanding (not to mention wantonly failing to comprehend) sources for claims, then turning around and making an outrageous statement regarding "binge buying" with no proof whatsoever to support it. Classic Hawggy hypocrisy. With all the deflection of your own in the above post, I'm amazed you didn't start accusing others of deflecting, a la classic Hawggy hypocrisy.
    Lol, STFW. How does any of your redundant bee ess change the fact that this lead ban is bogus and will end up costing us a hell of a lot more money? That's my point and Vinh's point as well. The rest of your post is just more psycho-path driven drivel. Boy you love cyber stalking and trolling don't you...

I have to agree that the lead content must be miniscule, compared to the oil leaks from some boats and the oil film caused by 2 cycle motors.
    I think what really drives this is the stocks in Titanium weight companies, that are owned by politicians.
    What's next, a ban on plastic floats or bobbers

How does any of your redundant bee ess change the fact that this lead ban is bogus and will end up costing us a hell of a lot more money? That's my point and Vinh's point as well. The rest of your post is just more psycho-path driven drivel. Boy you love cyber stalking and trolling don't you...
    Ah yes, classic Hawggy dismissal. EDIT: And not that you noticed (what with your limited reading skills and all), but Vinh never made that point in any of his posts.

How does any of your redundant bee ess change the fact that this lead ban is bogus and will end up costing us a hell of a lot more money?
    Personally, I support current and proposed bans on lead ammunition (for hunting) and certain lead tackle. Lead toxicity in both humans and animals has long been studied, and its effects are not in dispute. There is no safe amount of lead exposure. Now, when I use lead ammunition or tackle like lead split shot, I do my best to minimize my exposure - including most certainly washing my hands thoroughly after shooting or angling. It's a risk to myself I fully acknowledge and try to mitigate.

The argument$ again$t a lead ban$ are invariably economic one$, thu$ revealing their true motivation$. It comes down to greedy bastards more concerned with their profit/loss columns than anything else, and other greedy bastards concerned about having to spend more for a package of sinkers. Reformulation will result in high initial costs, yet in the long run the market will adjust, just as it has for every other consumer product in which lead was eliminated. (Gasoline, the subject of the greatest controversy in the U.S. regarding consumer lead pollution, ultimately suffered an increase of only pennies to the dollar per gallon for unleaded gas.)

The rest of your post is just more psycho-path driven drivel. Boy you love cyber stalking and trolling don't you...
    And yet here you are, catching flies with more of your inane mouthbreathing.
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 09-19-2014 at 12:42 PM.

What's next? Ca banning plastic bags in grocery store? ........ Oh, wait.

Quote Originally Posted by inthroughtheocean View Post
    What's next? Ca banning plastic bags in grocery store? ........ Oh, wait.
    Soft plastics...

Soft plastics...
    Yup all they need as an excuse is to open up a few lmb's out of Diamond Valley and out pops several senko's.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Yup all they need as an excuse is to open up a few lmb's out of Diamond Valley and out pops several senko's.
    Come on seal! Senkos are cheap, easy meals! So what if they are nutritionally questionable? Hey - it's what keeps McDonalds in business!

"A McSenko with extra Smelly Jelly......mmmmmm......"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast