Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The drought !

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Tolerance is what they preach but it's not in their beliefs.

They're all the same Stormcrow, man or woman...
    Are we??????? lol I would like to think of myself as a compromiser and someone who likes to use a little common sense. Facts are facts and we are in a severe drought, No Duh!!!!!!! So we do have to do something because business as usual is not an option anymore. Even though I find the jabs at each other some what amusing, this really is a serious issue that affects everyone, so you should really leave the clever insults out of the discussion!!!!(even though they are funny) I think a common sense approach should be taken on how to fairly distribute the water. We all agree that farming uses the most percentage of the water. So let's start there, it shouldn't be very hard to figure out what the most water using crops are and see if there is another crop that will still be profitable for the farmers, but still saving a lot of water. They then give could be given a fair allotment of water sufficient enough to bring their crops in. For us city dwellers the only thing we have to negotiate with is our lawns!!!! There is many things we can do about that, but I don't think I need to list them, but I could if requested!!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-24-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Neither did I. I simply pointed out the fallacy of using the percentage derived from just the product itself and not all that is connected to it. But in your zest to character assassinate me you spin my words out of context. That's so liberal of you.

Out of context there much DS?

And then literally, one sentence later:

Hey, like your boss says, somebody's got to call out your BS. Glad I can help out...
    I hope you don't install dry wall as well as you quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    So you noticed we use the same phrase. It's a shame you didn't use your keen sense of observation before suggesting (a) we only use it when we oppose a particular view, or (b) that I or DarkShadow are liberals. Having an opposing or unpopular view is one thing; making unfounded (and at times factually incorrect) statements is another. This is the basis for the "mindless drivel" you and others have engaged in, time and time again.
    LAUGH!!! One thing my keen sense of observation has noticed is that you always take an opposing viewpoint, which, over time, has caused you to contradict yourself on multiple occasions over the years....

There is a definition for that...its called a: TROLL.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Are we??????? lol I would like to think of myself as a compromiser and someone who likes to use a little common sense. Facts are facts and we are in a severe drought, No Duh!!!!!!! So we do have to do something because business as usual is not an option anymore. Even though I find the jabs at each other some what amusing, this really is a serious issue that affects everyone, so you should really leave the clever insults out of the discussion!!!!(even though they are funny) I think a common sense approach should be taken on how to fairly distribute the water. We all agree that farming uses the most percentage of the water. So let's start there, it shouldn't be very hard to figure out what the most water using crops are. See if there is another crop that will still be profitable for the farmers, but still save a lot of water and give them enough water for those crops!!! For us city dwellers the only thing we have to negotiate with is our lawns!!!! There is many things we can do about that, but I don't think I need to list them, but I could if requested!!!!! lol
    I think the only interesting question left is which growers are gonna go dry first. should be an interesting reflection of the power and patronage matrix no only for Cali., but the rest of the World. My guess is fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    I think the only interesting question left is which growers are gonna go dry first. should be an interesting reflection of the power and patronage matrix no only for Cali., but the rest of the World. My guess is fruit.
    My guess is almonds and walnuts....

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    One thing my keen sense of observation has noticed is that you always take an opposing viewpoint, which, over time, has caused you to contradict yourself on multiple occasions over the years....
    Point out one occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Marijuana. Followed by Kombucha tea.

Heh, Hawggy preaching about the intolerance of liberals:

Tolerance is what they preach but it's not in their beliefs.

They're all the same Stormcrow, man or woman...
    This from the idiot who said:

What are my beliefs? If you are a liberal, you have no common sense.
    What was it DS said? Oh yes:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    You work in hypocrisy like Dali worked in oils.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Are we??????? lol I would like to think of myself as a compromiser and someone who likes to use a little common sense. Facts are facts and we are in a severe drought, No Duh!!!!!!! So we do have to do something because business as usual is not an option anymore. Even though I find the jabs at each other some what amusing, this really is a serious issue that affects everyone, so you should really leave the clever insults out of the discussion!!!!(even though they are funny) I think a common sense approach should be taken on how to fairly distribute the water. We all agree that farming uses the most percentage of the water. So let's start there, it shouldn't be very hard to figure out what the most water using crops are and see if there is another crop that will still be profitable for the farmers, but still saving a lot of water. They then give could be given a fair allotment of water sufficient enough to bring their crops in. For us city dwellers the only thing we have to negotiate with is our lawns!!!! There is many things we can do about that, but I don't think I need to list them, but I could if requested!!!!! lol
    I agree with you tucker. As for the insults? Meh, just throwing their game back at them. And I've stopped watering my lawn altogether. Last year I cut it in half. My lawn is now for the most part, dead...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I hope you don't install dry wall as well as you quote.

My quotes are almost always fine, just had to use my phone this time which is quite difficult with the damaged nerves in my hand...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast