Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL and the Hobie Pro Angler

Default DVL and the Hobie Pro Angler

I have emailed Diamond Valley Lake but they don't answer.

It just seems to me that there is no good reason to not allow the Hobie Pro Angler into this lake.
    I have a PA 14 and I really do not consider a kayak. In fact Hobie doesn't even call the Pro Angler series "kayaks".

I wish DVL would allow for this very specialized boat to be launched there. I wish they would answer my suggestions/questions. I was very polite.

--

That's because d u mbass boaters will run you over out there. There are very few that have any respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch 'n' Release View Post
    That's because d u mbass boaters will run you over out there. There are very few that have any respect.
    Try again, kayaks are allowed out there but they need to be 12' and sit inside.

But I don't even get the SOT issue, really what is the big difference? There is no body part in the water, to get into a sit inside you may take a step or 2 in the water also, even float tubes as long as you are in waders why does it matter?

Stupid damn nonsense rules!!!! Would love to get out there on my SOT.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Try again, kayaks are allowed out there but they need to be 12' and sit inside.

But I don't even get the SOT issue, really what is the big difference? There is no body part in the water, to get into a sit inside you may take a step or 2 in the water also, even float tubes as long as you are in waders why does it matter?

Stupid damn nonsense rules!!!! Would love to get out there on my SOT.
    Seal, How well do you do out at the wood on your sot?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeFeesha View Post
    Seal, How well do you do out at the wood on your sot?
    I've done well but still working on the trolling side, had it about a year. I've been all over the lake but gotta get smarter about not being out on the backside of the lake in the afternoon, that wind will punish you on the way back!

If this is the hobie that you have unfortunetely it is not allowed. Sorry.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	proangler14-studion-3-4-sm[1].jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	38404

Man, to me that is stupid. The thing has gunwales higher than the seat bottom. Sure looks like you'd be sitting inside to me.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Man, to me that is stupid. The thing has gunwales higher than the seat bottom. Sure looks like you'd be sitting inside to me.
    Stupid is to nice of a word to describe some of the rules. What are they afraid of someone pissing in the water? I don't know why a pair of waders being required or wet suit for a SOT or floatube wouldn't be as safe as anything else, you think those boaters aren't peeing in the water? A tuber would rather come ahsore than peeing in his pants boater hell just hang it off the side. Hell is our pee anymore toxic than a coyote, birds crap etc.................

California insanity, sorry management but I'd love to hear the scientific logic on this one!

errdeddrrfffrftttdecsccvtrvcvfghghhhhhhf

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Stupid is to nice of a word to describe some of the rules. What are they afraid of someone pissing in the water? I don't know why a pair of waders being required or wet suit for a SOT or floatube wouldn't be as safe as anything else, you think those boaters aren't peeing in the water? A tuber would rather come ahsore than peeing in his pants boater hell just hang it off the side. Hell is our pee anymore toxic than a coyote, birds crap etc.................

California insanity, sorry management but I'd love to hear the scientific logic on this one!
    I have to agree that it's a bunch of B.S. Especially, since all the water coming into DVL is coming through the Aqueduct now. It starts in the Sierra's, there is body contact there, then to the Delta, which also allows body contact, and so on through various lakes and reservoirs in the system, eventually flowing through Silverwood, which allows swimming ... then into lake Perris which also allows swimming. Regardless of weather or not body contact is allowed, the water still has to go through the same purification process before it's suitable for drinking, etc. so what possible reason can there be for not allowing SOT Kayaks and Float Tubes other than safety. Personally, I'd think a SOT kayak would be safer than a sit inside, because it's less likely to sink and would be a lot easier to get back on vs trying to right a sit inside that's been outfitted for fishing.

I can understand keeping the size requirement at 12' or larger and also making it mandatory that life jackets be worn at all times and even the requirement for a large high visibility blaze orange patch be worn to increase visibility from boaters. They could even limit the area the kayakers are allowed to go to, keeping them out of the middle of the lake, but they should still be able to be on the lake.