Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The "Barbie Pole" Challenge. Legal Halibut Marvel Comic Style - Monday 6/22/09

hahahaha thats freaknig awsome

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Arthur,
    Now, I'm a believer! I've always thought you were blessed with some sort of supernatural fishing powers and now it is confirmed....You are Superman!
    The whole time I was watching the video I had to feel a little nervous for your netman. I just can not imagine what was going through his mind trying to get that fish into the net. I could also sense a little nervousness in the cameraman as well.
    Great job guys!
    From the back of the boat I hear YEA BABY!!!! and I immediately jump from my seat in the front of the boat and forget to turn off the trolling motor and grab the net!! The video kicks in at about 20 seconds into the fight!!!!! The water in the area was only about 3-4 feet deep so it came to color pretty quickly but was far from just giving up!

Yes I did feel the pressure while using the quality net that Wingnut had provided me with on a previous trip!!!!

She did not like seeing the net on the first pass and made a quick dive to the bottom. Round two I tried to make the net look like part of the boat but she was not fooled by that either! So I waited for Arthur to turn her and she was headed straight at the stern of the boat and that is when I made the quick swipe to secure the challenge!!!

You can see by the energy that fish had when Wingnut tail grabbed it from the net and then she was still very active and came free thankfully in the boat and the power she showed while getting some air inside the boat that she was a very fresh and pissed off Flattie and very embarrassed to be caught on the SUPERMAN POLE!!!!!!
    Last edited by flyngby; 06-29-2009 at 07:22 PM.

Default halibut

SIMPLY AMAZING,SIMPLY AMAZING. AND ON ON ON ON.i AM LOST FOR WORDS .iT IS A GREAT POST FOR A BUNCH OF FUN GUYS.

That's a hilarious story. Way to go, guys!

Default Wingnut's response.

Quote Originally Posted by jplee3 View Post
    lol, you guys are hilarious. i need to get me one of those superman barbie poles. i'll probably have better luck on one than with my regular gear!

nice job on the hali btw :D
    Stick to your regular stuff... unless you don't mind being ridiculed by your friendly neighborhood fishermen.

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Arthur,
    Now, I'm a believer! I've always thought you were blessed with some sort of supernatural fishing powers and now it is confirmed....You are Superman!
    The whole time I was watching the video I had to feel a little nervous for your netman. I just can not imagine what was going through his mind trying to get that fish into the net. I could also sense a little nervousness in the cameraman as well.
    Great job guys!
    Terry, I am blessed with some supernatural "luck", that's all.
    Yes, it was quite stressful for all three of us during the battle. You can cut the tension in the air with a knife. What wasn't on the video was the first 30 seconds or so of the fight when that spirited Flat Boy made the first two blistering runs. I was hanging on for dear life. After we survived that first burst of energy, I knew that if the line & my knot held, it was just a matter of time until the prize would be in hand. We all breathe a collective sigh of relief as the Flattie was in the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Here's an idea, make him catch a legal halibut from the surf, on rainbow powerbait, or else with a 3 weight fly rod and a number 18 griffith's gnat, lol. Should stack the odds in your favor a bit more. But even then, you still may lose money, lol. Nice going Wingnut. Way to bring back the spincast reel from the achives, he he he.
    Hey, don't give Phuong any ideas now Skyler. One thing about Phuong is that he is every bit as competitive as I am. But whatever bet we make, he makes it tough... but fair. I do notice that his challenges are getting more creative and the degree of difficulty is getting a bit tougher each time.

Quote Originally Posted by AnglerBob View Post
    Hilarious and entertaining story. We musicians have a non-politically correct phrase invoked at times of "gear envy": it's not the arrow, it's the Indian. Wingnut has proved this in spades.
    Ha ha ha, another good one! I play a little bit of golf also, and the same logic applies. I can never understand why some golfers throw their clubs and smack them on the ground or against rocks and trees because they hit a bad shot. It's like, don't blame the equipment buddy...

Quote Originally Posted by J. Owen View Post
    hahahaha thats freaking awsome
    Yeah, and it was fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    From the back of the boat I hear YEA BABY!!!! and I immediately jump from my seat in the front of the boat and forget to turn off the trolling motor and grab the net!! The video kicks in at about 20 seconds into the fight!!!!! The water in the area was only about 3-4 feet deep so it came to color pretty quickly but was far from just giving up!

Yes I did feel the pressure while using the quality net that Wingnut had provided me with on a previous trip!!!!

She did not like seeing the net on the first pass and made a quick dive to the bottom. Round two I tried to make the net look like part of the boat but she was not fooled by that either! So I waited for Arthur to turn her and she was headed straight at the stern of the boat and that is when I made the quick swipe to secure the challenge!!!

You can see by the energy that fish had when Wingnut tail grabbed it from the net and then she was still very active and came free thankfully in the boat and the power she showed while getting some air inside the boat that she was a very fresh and pissed off Flattie and very embarrassed to be caught on the SUPERMAN POLE!!!!!!
    Steve, you did a fantastic job as my "Wingman". Of course we didn't notice it at the time but we did have to move around a little bit and adjust to the rotation during the fight. That Flattie did fight really well for it's size... but anything feels like a monster on that little rod. I will never forget that exact moment when we boated that fish. How the three of us celebrated, frozen in time... teamwork and camaraderie at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by trollmiester View Post
    SIMPLY AMAZING,SIMPLY AMAZING. AND ON ON ON ON.i AM LOST FOR WORDS .iT IS A GREAT POST FOR A BUNCH OF FUN GUYS.
    Chris, I'm sure that you and Terry have plenty of these moments too. Congrats on your derby win at Irvine!

Quote Originally Posted by husonfirst View Post
    That's a hilarious story. Way to go, guys!
    I'm glad that I can look back now and reflect on the good times... and laugh about it too.

lol good job arthur! i love reading these barbie pole challenges that come up now and then. i think ill give it a try sometime.

Dude rock on with your bad self.

Barbie pole + Wingnut + challenge = 500 bucks

Good going guys.

Quote Originally Posted by boxl0bster View Post
    lol good job arthur! i love reading these barbie pole challenges that come up now and then. i think ill give it a try sometime.
    Give it a try Ernie... at the very least it you will get a good laugh out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy310 View Post
    Dude rock on with your bad self.

Barbie pole + Wingnut + challenge = 500 bucks

Good going guys.
    Nothing beats goofing around and getting paid for it at the same time.

Just got back from Vegas... all seven of us got knocked out in the first and second round of the W.S.O.P. But we had one heck of a good time. Here's to next year!

First day... eager and confident.

Buy-ins paid and ready to go.

The Crew... Wingnut, Blackwater, BadBeat, FishnFurious and friends...

Binh (BadBeat) went the furthest out of all of us.

The long walk after getting knocked out of the event.
    Can't wait to fish again... where I have my best luck!

Super job on the barbie pole challenge!!

Looks like a great time in Vegas!

Welcome back!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast