Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
Connecticut is the farthest and nicest place to live and still be able to commute to New York City to work. So with out even knowing what study you are quoting, I'm assuming your saying they taxed the Rich so much they moved out. Ok where did they go and still be able to commute to New York City for work. How about New Jersey??? Ever hear of that thing they call a Jersey thing??? (its not a thing for the wealthy, unless your Joe Pesci) How about moving back to New York City? Ok let's analize that idea. New York City is comprised of 5 boroughs which each of them have their own flavor. Let's go over them 1 at a time. Stanton Island. You must take the ferry every day to get there and is comprised of 2 kinds of people. Mafioso's and cops! Sounds like a great place for the wealthy to live. Queens. That is where Archie Bunker was purported to live. Doesn't sound like a place for the wealthy to live to me. What about the Bronx?? I don't think so! There is always Brooklyn, but I don't think so either. So what's left but Manhattan! I didn't even mention Harlem! lol The problem is, there isn't enough room for everybody well to do to live in lower Manhattan. So there goes the price of the Real Estate there and the tax's. You will probably all see them flood back to Connecticut in the long run, even with your so called problems. lol
Stockton is waiting for you. They are giving out free money. You should go check it out