Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMB on 09/30/2014

Default LMB on 09/30/2014

First fish.

Second fish. A little better. Thanks Eric for the reel.
    Last edited by Vman; 11-07-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Nice photo and beautiful bass, but give us some details bro.. to make it a little more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Nice photo and beautiful bass, but give us some details bro.. to make it a little more interesting.
    Just for you, fishmounter. Figured that everyone is tired hearing about bass fishing at the park. Anyway, I missed the whole spring season of bass fishing this year. About 2 weeks ago, I went to Walmart and saw a cheap spinning reel that I liked and bought it to mod and tweak. One thing leads to another, I find myself fishing at Huntington Beach Park about a week ago and caught a fat one pounder with beautiful colors.

Encouraged by the initial "no-skunk", I decided to hit up another park in South OC and caught a 4 pound catfish with a rattletrap still attached to his lip. Then I hit up another park in Orange and caught a two pounder. This place is due for the Fall bite any day now, I thought. So after a few days, I came back to fish with a second hand Bass Pro Shop reel that I got in trade to try out. The lake is still choked with weed I decided to go with a Texas rigged Senko in dark color. After a hour of casting parallel to shore and hitting the edges, I got nothing. Using the same bait, I started fishing the holes in the weed and swimming it just above the top of the weed beds out far, as much as 45 yards out. Five minutes later, a strong tug after a few cranks of the handle after the bait landed, I set the hook, winched and lift the first fish of the night on to shore. It came right up and jumped twice.

Fished the same spot for another 15 minutes with no more action, I decided to walk around the lake looking for cruisers. Found a 2 pounder just hovering at the edge a rock pile, can just barely make out the sihouette. Carefully flipped out the bait about 15 feet beyond the fish to slowly work it pass his line of sight. A second after the bait landed, the line started zipping fast away from shore. That's not the same fish, I am still staring at it right now, I thought. But I managed to set the hook and hang on as the fish headed straight for the weed bed about 15 feet away. It pulled drag for a few second the came up with some head shakes. That 's the second larger fish in the photo.

Another 15 minutes passed, I decided to hit up another spot has usually has some activities at this time. Got bit instantly, set the hook to something solid, the line snapped. What happened? Lost my lucky senko. That bait has caught 3 fish so far. It's almost closing time at the park, so I decided to call it a night and left.

nice chunker and great report!!!

Now that's what I'm talking about Vman! Your "story" made the photos way more interesting! See what you did.. made me want to go out to my local park fishin' hole (Fairmount Park) and try for bass. Thanks man!

Nice report,nicer LMB! WTG

Cya Tuna Vic

Nice catch...and good looking fish!

Very nice FIsh!!!!

Thanks guys, for all the nice comments. One more fish on Wednesday night, same place, same bait, same technique, with a vintage reel (Ryobi Vmag 4).

Last edited by Vman; 10-09-2014 at 07:02 PM.

10/20/2014 Park fishing in Fountain Valley. One of two (dink omitted).
    Last edited by Vman; 10-21-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast