Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Eastern Sierras fishing advice

Yeah supposedly it was started by a motorist who blew a tire. Atleast thats what I read in the paper up there. It was supposed to be contained by yesterday. But 395 is open and it is above june so you Wil be alright.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Alright glad the fire is put out! Sucks to hear information like that

Damn motorist! Ok cool I didn't want my trip to get ruined so glad everyone is safe and everything is ok
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    Yeah supposedly it was started by a motorist who blew a tire. Atleast thats what I read in the paper up there. It was supposed to be contained by yesterday. But 395 is open and it is above june so you Wil be alright.!!

I wonder if could just scratch off the back of the lures ... with maybe steel wool? Or ... may be easier to just buy a spray can ... and find a newspaper ... lol

Pretty sure its brass under...but they still had painted them gold...

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    I wonder if could just scratch off the back of the lures ... with maybe steel wool? Or ... may be easier to just buy a spray can ... and find a newspaper ... lol

Are they selling them at the landing ... and are they painting them ( I wouldn't imagine so)

MonsterTackle.com looks like a pretty good source ... FWIW

Have you tried Tasmanians at all??? Pretty popular at Crowley is my undertanding
    Last edited by billy b; 09-18-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Hoping that the fire at June lake gets put out! Planned a trip for next week and just wondering if it gets put out is it still safe to camp over there ? If not which other Sierra area can I set up camp similar to June lake loop, river and lakes to fish

Yo t Rex pack warm brother and don't forget the rain gear... 20% chance of showers Fri 80% sat and 20% sunday...it has also been windy this week! Perfect brown weather! Hoping for a light dusting of snow to send those brownies into gorge mode for the fall! Good luck up there man, I'm taking off tonight!

Yeah man I am packed and ready to fish the loop! We haven't got rain in So cali so I am pretty excited about the weather up there
    Now you have me pumped haha I haven't caught a brown in over 3 years its about that time
    Good Luck Bro hopefully you get into some brownies

Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    Yo t Rex pack warm brother and don't forget the rain gear... 20% chance of showers Fri 80% sat and 20% sunday...it has also been windy this week! Perfect brown weather! Hoping for a light dusting of snow to send those brownies into gorge mode for the fall! Good luck up there man, I'm taking off tonight!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345