Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta smelt in lake Perris ?

To Tom- Different individual call silversides by different names. They are often called pond smelt, ghost minnows, and sometimes people mislabel them Delta smelt. Ultimately though they are silversides. Same thing as when people call A Mahi Mahi, in Hawaii, a Dorado in Mexico and a Dolphinfish in Florida.

April fools for sure. Those pics have photoshop written all over them. However, I will confirm American Shad were collected by us in Silverwood last year. They were like 18-19" long.

[QUOTE=Misfitdog;747913]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post

What does this have to do with anything ? You do know over the last few years we have had Female Wardens already at the lake? this is nothing new and it is discouraging to see people act this way on a forum. People need more respect, old and young

also if you read on in the Perris, minnows galore thread , it is very clearly stated by a DFW biologist that they are not delta smelt on page 3 by Kwin : There is no record of delta smelt in SoCal, though confirmed Japanese pond smelt, aka wakasagi from DVL and Perris. They look very similar to delta smelt with slight/subtle differences to gill raker counts, pyloric caeca, anal fin rays.
    I have no doubt and i did read the threat Minnows galore.
    it is not me arguing the facts. I just brought up more information right or wrong that is on the internet...something most had not seen on this forum
    as you Know the Internet is never wrong
    or fishermen never lie LOL
    or fishermen never dip net silversides right ? ooops....... i meant pond smelt
    Don't shoot the messenger
    Last edited by Tom; 11-14-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Now im really interested to find out... I was sure they were Delta smelt...and was quickly corrected by Kwin when he insisted they were Pond Smelt.... Hes the expert so I now know them as Pond Smelt.... But if they are confirmed to be Delta smelt I wont lay down my instincts and knowledge anymore.....

But for now they are Pond Smelt....only time will tell.

As for the new female warden...give the lady a break... I don't think people should disrespect her on here.. It makes us anglers as a whole look petty and immature... IMHO

Pete

Pete
    By the way most seem to operate their new Bass boats we prove our immaturity

OK here goes everyone saying they never speed or break the rules in their boat....LOL
    I know I have never Went over 35mph in my boat.......(laughing at myself here)
    actually as i understand it this new lady may be tougher on the rules which is a good thing for the Fishery

so when do they start stocking trout

Quote Originally Posted by rucker View Post
    so when do they start stocking trout
    A week or so ago, in the Lake Skinner Thread there was a posting that said the DFG were testing the water temperature for stocking of trout. The thread indicated that Skinner will not receive any stocking of trout due to concerns over down stream flooding of "Salmon habitat"!!? It went on to say it would probably be another couple of weeks before the water temps would allow for stocking of trout in Perris and other lakes. Based on that information,. I estimate the trout stocks are still a week or so away...depending on other restraints, such as State DFG Budgets.

Some say potato I say silversides, it it's a skinny minnow type bait with a silverish line down the side it's a silverside to me.

If the American shad take over Silverwood there's going to be a bunch of swimbait painters making a lot of money!

The pics say it all......

Them silversides were eating all the
    Little shads under the light, there
    Mouths are pointed upright and
    Sucking them little shads from
    Under neither ,,, it was a trip!!
    Until the three to four incherz showed
    Up and pushed them along......

If anyone has a pic of something
    Else maybe it's true,,,,,,

For now them silversides.......

Cm

[QUOTE=Misfitdog;747913]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post

What does this have to do with anything ? You do know over the last few years we have had Female Wardens already at the lake? this is nothing new and it is discouraging to see people act this way on a forum. People need more respect, old and young

also if you read on in the Perris, minnows galore thread , it is very clearly stated by a DFW biologist that they are not delta smelt on page 3 by Kwin : There is no record of delta smelt in SoCal, though confirmed Japanese pond smelt, aka wakasagi from DVL and Perris. They look very similar to delta smelt with slight/subtle differences to gill raker counts, pyloric caeca, anal fin rays.
    Act what way? Hey Misfit, don't get your panties in a wad...I just asked if she was hot...Just a joke. Calm yourself. I got pulled over by the HOTTEST CHP officer I ever saw one time. She was stunning...Didn't mean I respected her any less.
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 11-17-2014 at 10:36 AM.

There's a lady ranger at Silverwood that is easy on the eyes. But don't mess with her when she does a pat down she will kick your feet out so hard you may think she's making a wish before she does it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12