Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprise trout plant 1/6

Default Surprise trout plant 1/6

Nice day on the water. Cool and calm..... and only 4 boats. Stripers were slow. I managed one nice one around 8 AM down 35+ feet. Schools were hard to locate and were moving fast. Around 11:30 I made a pass down by ramp2 and saw a truck dumping trout. Talked to Shannon and it was an un-announced plant. So hard core trout guys can dodge the rain this weekend and get some trout meat.

Wow - 184 views and no replies?
    Anyways - thanks for the report PAW and glad you at least hooked a nice one! Sounds like the Dinks have disappeared too?
    Re stocking report - I'm not a trout guy but I'm sure those who are appreciate the Intell ;-)
    Thanks again !

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Seeker View Post
    Anyways - thanks for the report PAW and glad you at least hooked a nice one! Sounds like the Dinks have disappeared too?
    Re stocking report - I'm not a trout guy but I'm sure those who are appreciate the Intell ;-)
    Thanks again !
    The trend of non members to members is ever increasing. Years ago it was a 7-10 ratio of non members to members. I just checked on Sunday morning at 11:00 am at how many people were reading FNN posts. There was 4 members checked in and 223 non members viewing!!!! That's over a 50 to 1 ratio of non members to members viewing. So don't take it personal if you don't get any comments on your posts. There is still plenty of people enjoying what ever a member writes!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-08-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks for the info and reality check eT'59.
    As you can see from my post stats I haven't "contributed" much to the forum myself but do try to learn from PAW, you and others and appreciate sharing experience. I'm still trying to figure Skinner out, seeking out the LMBs and Striper, so haven't had much to offer.

Happy New Year to all !

Thanks for the info and reality check eT'59.
    As you can see from my post stats I haven't "contributed" much to the forum myself but do try to learn from PAW, you and others and appreciate sharing experience. I'm still trying to figure Skinner out, seeking out the LMBs and Striper, so haven't had much to offer.

Happy New Year to all !
    happy new years to everyone here!
    I also have been lurking on this site. Mainly because I havent been fishing much the since last summer. Mostly saltwater for me when I can, but have been gearing up to hit the lakes soon! ( even got myself a mini personal pontoon boat )
    I check this site almost everyday and try to learn from what you folks post so I appreciate all the reports etc.
    peace

M

Thanks again !
    You're welcome! BTW the dinks are still there. I just don't include them in my fish counts. Lately I have caught a few intermediate fish. Not quite schoolie size, but a bit bigger than the 6 inch dinks. They are the future of Skinner fishing so I return them to grow a while.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Nice day on the water. Cool and calm..... and only 4 boats. Stripers were slow. I managed one nice one around 8 AM down 35+ feet. Schools were hard to locate and were moving fast. Around 11:30 I made a pass down by ramp2 and saw a truck dumping trout. Talked to Shannon and it was an un-announced plant. So hard core trout guys can dodge the rain this weekend and get some trout meat.
    Skinner plant was up on the CDFW website for over a week for the week of 1/1. The only surprise is that is was a day later than scheduled because of the weather....which is one of the reasons why the day of isn't given out.

You're welcome! BTW the dinks are still there. I just don't include them in my fish counts. Lately I have caught a few intermediate fish. Not quite schoolie size, but a bit bigger than the 6 inch dinks. They are the future of Skinner fishing so I return them to grow a while.
    Kill them all. the ones not caught will grow bigger faster.

The calendar I (and the lake staff) were watching was the one posted in the kiosk. I guess it is a county plant schedule? I know the trout planted by the state last year were all in the 1/2 pound class. The county fish this year have been healthy stockers. Hope the CDFW fish are bigger this year. There are plenty of folks taking home buckets of micro dinks. I've seen them jigging Sabiki rigs for them.

The calendar I (and the lake staff) were watching was the one posted in the kiosk. I guess it is a county plant schedule? I know the trout planted by the state last year were all in the 1/2 pound class. The county fish this year have been healthy stockers. Hope the CDFW fish are bigger this year. There are plenty of folks taking home buckets of micro dinks. I've seen them jigging Sabiki rigs for them.
    Our standard is 2/lb with an occasional larger fish. It costs too much to hold them and feed them to grow them to larger sizes. That's good that the small stripers are being removed. Food is limited in Skinner, if they are not removed the growth rates of the many others that remain will suffer and no potential for larger fish will happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast