Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: No Fishing Near Docks + Report

Quote Originally Posted by bass413 View Post
    Let's not get too excited, it is in California still. I'm sure there will be a fee or two somewhere mixed in. .....
    I did just see that my Poppy pass is good at Clear Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    So no launch fees, parking fees, tagging fees, inspections, and waiting at the gate for the employees to open up???? Mr. Milsap ( or his bro) this place sounds amazing. Next your gonna tell me I can actually touch the water and make body contact.
    You have to have your boat inspected when you arrive. You can go to any bait shop or they do it at the state park. You get a monthly tag for $10-20. It is in the state park system , so the pass for Perris is accepted. If you camp, they make you pay a $5 launch fee, because the pass is for day use. If you stay elsewhere there are several free launches. I have launched out of Lakeport on 3rd or 5th street. You can float tube, ski, etc., but it is nothing like here. There was never more than 5 boats at the state park. You can go for miles without seeing another boat. It is a large lake , so the wind and waves can be an issue. We had 3 & 4 foot rollers in June, but it can be windy on one side of the lake and completely calm on another. That is why we have launched out of Lakeport in the past. There are also several river channels that are generally calm. It really is an amazing lake. I am seriously considering buying a house on the lake and retiring there. The last pic is the house I want. I sure it's several million. They do have houses starting at $200,000, and they have several mobile home parks with slips cheaper than you'd find here.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clear1.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	50235Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clear3.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	50236Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clear2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	50237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clear4.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	50238Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clearhouse.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	50239
    Last edited by MillsapBoyz; 08-08-2017 at 06:33 PM.

I did just see that my Poppy pass is good at Clear Lake.
    I just renewed mine a week ago. I'm anxiously awaiting the dam to be completed and the water returning. I'm anticipating the next few spawns to be very healthy with all the brush that will be submerged. I'm sure it won't come close to Clear Lake, but Perris in 2019 and 2020 should turn some heads!

We had anticipated retiring in minnesota and going back and forth from there to socal. But in all fairness I should take a look at Clear Lake. Be a helluva lot easier

Quote Originally Posted by bass413 View Post
    I just renewed mine a week ago. I'm anxiously awaiting the dam to be completed and the water returning. I'm anticipating the next few spawns to be very healthy with all the brush that will be submerged. I'm sure it won't come close to Clear Lake, but Perris in 2019 and 2020 should turn some heads!
    Be nice to get the old Lake Perris back filled up to full pool. I think the low water level has really taken a toll on the lake on the fishing front. Just imagine when it fills up and all that vegetation 20, 30, 40 feet down. I better start stocking up on tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by MillsapBoyz View Post
    You have to have your boat inspected when you arrive. You can go to any bait shop or they do it at the state park. You get a monthly tag for $10-20. It is in the state park system , so the pass for Perris is accepted. If you camp, they make you pay a $5 launch fee, because the pass is for day use. If you stay elsewhere there are several free launches. I have launched out of Lakeport on 3rd or 5th street. You can float tube, ski, etc., but it is nothing like here. There was never more than 5 boats at the state park. You can go for miles without seeing another boat. It is a large lake , so the wind and waves can be an issue. We had 3 & 4 foot rollers in June, but it can be windy on one side of the lake and completely calm on another. That is why we have launched out of Lakeport in the past. There are also several river channels that are generally calm. It really is an amazing lake. I am seriously considering buying a house on the lake and retiring there. The last pic is the house I want. I sure it's several million. They do have houses starting at $200,000, and they have several mobile home parks with slips cheaper than you'd find here.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clear1.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	50235Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clear3.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	50236Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clear2.jpg 
Views:	110 
ID:	50237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clear4.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	50238Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clearhouse.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	50239
    Im not sure whats more impressive..your catches..or the scenery in the background. Trees ,docks for flipping, trees, shrubs, and more trees...with nothing but blue water.

Im not sure whats more impressive..your catches..or the scenery in the background. Trees ,docks for flipping, trees, shrubs, and more trees...with nothing but blue water.
    The scenery attracts me as much as the fish. In the creek channels it's like the Louisiana Bayou complete with wild frog and bird noises, and some cotton like substance falling from the trees. Fifty percent or so of the lake is surrounded by tullies. There are docks, rock walls, trees, rivers, coves etc. I caught my fist ever frog fish in June. I forgot to mention there are literally thousands of Carp. There were so many jumping in one cove that a few hit the boat. I am hoping Perris improves too. I do decent during the spawn, but that's about it. I did mange a 7, 6, & 5 in one weekend in March. I will say the average fish at Perris is bigger than the one's we catch at Clear Lake. I know they are there at CL, but we haven't found them consistently. I'll see what other pics I can find to show more of the lake.

More pics of Clear Lake which is the largest natural lake in California at almost 70 square miles. The average depth is only 21 ft. with a max of 59.The dark pic is Rattlesnake Island complete with Rams,
    wild boar, and of course snakes.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clearnarrows.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	50243Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cleartullie.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	50244Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cleartullie2.jpg 
Views:	65 
ID:	50245Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clear5.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	50246Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clear7.5.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	50247Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clear rattle.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	50248Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clear cat.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	50249
    Last edited by MillsapBoyz; 08-09-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Wow..nice looking pics...even a catfish. What's lurking in the brush in the night time pic???

HuskerRod, we in fact used our Poppy Pass to park for free at the State Park. However, as for their docks, people were not allowed to fish on them while we were there (at the state park). It wasn't necessary to fish from them in order to catch fish though (but it might have helped a bit). People were catching large Crappie between the docks and shore.

There are lots of public places to fish around Clear Lake. Also, Blue Lakes are very nearby. (I caught a nice trout from upper Blue Lake too.) There is a county park not far from the state park, but we didn't fish there. Some people told us about fishing for Crappie from the docks at Konocti Resort, for $10 per person. We didn't fish there, but it sounded excellent. There was a town called Lucerne which has a nice fishing pier that is free and open to the public. It was cold and rainy when we went there, but we saw a guy catch a Crappie on a goldfish there. (I think it would have been a lot better if the weather had been warmer.). There was also a nice little island that is open to the public on the northeast side of the lake, but I forget its name. We stayed at a place called Lake Marina Inn that we liked, which had its down fishing dock as well as fishing right below our room. I managed to catch a Bluegill there on a jig, but again, I think the weather hampered the fishing. Speaking of the Catfish tournament, the motel owner said something about contestants staying there and winning catches coming from there.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 08-09-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast