Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: It can only get better!

Default It can only get better!

Hi folks,

I'm new here and kind of returning to fishing after moving to Palm Desert.

Anyhoo first DVL session. Hit the water at 7am off by 1pm. Fish count: 0

Hot sunny bright day no breeze. I imagine hi pressure sent the target species into the depths and in sleep mode. I rented a "deluxe" bass boat. The one I was issued had seen better days but did the trick for the most part. I'd prob just rent their basic boat for a solo bassin' trip. Bring bug spray - Mosquitos in FULL effect.

Maybe 20 total boats on the water. I didn't even see a bass beyond the occasional group of fry! Threw a bunch of plastics and crank baits. Like I said I'm still building my bass experience but not even a bump or follower. I didn't notice any others having any better luck.

It has been fairly slow out there recently but you can still get them. It's getting ready to get better, a few weeks from now when the temps start cooling down it should start going off again. This lake can fish pretty tuff but when its good its really really good. Now let's just hope the ramp still has water until then.

Yeah the ramp is gigantic!

It's almost gone!