Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Best Day Ever

Default Best Day Ever

I went to Silverwood on June 19th and had the best I've ever had there. Got on fish at 7:30 am at the spillway and got limits of good school size stripers in two hours plus two cats 5 & 6 lbs. Ended up throwing back at least a third limit. Sardines were the ticket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0317(1).jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	52751   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0319(1).jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	52752  

Very nice catch!!!!!

That's what I'm talking about! makes up for all those no show days glad you nailed them. Last time out at the buoy line every one was getting dinks but did see two large cats caught there and looked like a monster one lost at the boat. Was there a lot of boats there Friday?

Outstanding! Congrats on a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    That's what I'm talking about! makes up for all those no show days glad you nailed them. Last time out at the buoy line every one was getting dinks but did see two large cats caught there and looked like a monster one lost at the boat. Was there a lot of boats there Friday?
    Yes there were quite a few but we navigated OK.

Nice haul there for sure,wtg!

Cya Tuna Vic

I've never fished for Stripers there. Can you use ultralight tackle there for the Stripers? Like 4 lb test, or even 2 lb, to have more fun fighting them, or is that too light? Can we fish jigs and spoons for them?

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    I've never fished for Stripers there. Can you use ultralight tackle there for the Stripers? Like 4 lb test, or even 2 lb, to have more fun fighting them, or is that too light? Can we fish jigs and spoons for them?
    I suppose you can use whatever you want. I use braid with a leader of 8lb.

Good job catching those ><> and the pictures were great also. Thanks for your report and pictures.
    Last edited by Jig-Guy; 06-29-2020 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling duh!