Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ol' SWAT Guy Enjoying A Thursday Night Sundowner

You've got some super-productive AO's you fish. Your dinner looked like the perfect fisherman's fare. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    A wind knot with a Van Staal? Say it ain't so lol
    Dan...is special

How the heck did ya pull this one off Danimal?
    Must have been that dusk light hampering your touch if you know what I'm saying....LOL
    Either that or the wind!

Anyways...Good job getting out my friend. I was routing for you to take the lead on the Leaderboard but it didn't happen on this trip. Conditions took a big swing with all of the wind and wind swell over the last few days but trust me..... The big girls are just around the corner so hit it hard in the next few weeks....I bet Poseidon will reward you for your efforts!

BTW....
    I love the simple meal.....looks very yummy!

Smile

Nice session Danimal! Congrats on another legal Hali... you and Ken and running neck and neck for the title.
    I haven't been in the surf for so long...
    Wishing you and yours the best in the upcoming Holidays my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by simijab View Post
    Nice man. I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to hit the surf. Can't beat a couple hours of fishing at the end of a work day.
    Hi ya simijab,
    That's right ... ya can't beat a couple hours of fishing at the end of a work day. .... I going to try and get out there again after work ... real soon.
    Thanx for checking out my fish report.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Hi Dan:

Awesome quickie. Nice work on the flap jacks.
    Glad you didn't get hurt getting out in the dark and saved the braid too.

(I hit the surf this AM and got two wind knots but I fortunately had my surf caddie with me who untied both knots for me as I enjoyed the scenery --Bones).

take care brother,

Nick
    Hi ya Brotha Nick,

May I borrow your caddy one of these days ... please?!? I didn't realize that Lt. Bone had been so knoty Binga Banga Boom!!
    I hope to put in a session with you this season.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    A wind knot with a Van Staal? Say it ain't so lol
    Hey Mikey,
    Sh_t happens! What can I say.
    Actually the braid really does out perform the mono and fluorocarbon lines on this particular reel. Braid does what braid does!
    Thanx for checking out my lack of fish report and the Brotherly razz.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Nice outing ! bummer that big take take turned out to be a wind knot .
    Hi ya Edgar,
    It's just the nature of the beast ... and I still prefer it to mono and fluorocarbon lines any day!
    Thanx for checking out my fish report.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by basshole1 View Post
    Nice session sir!!! Glad you got that dang wind knot untangled. BTW, that plate of food looks delicious.
    Hi ya basshole1,

I just needed to get it back to my garage for better lighting and in order for my line pickers to be effective. I really surprised myself when I cleared all the knots! YAHOO!

Thanx for checking out my report.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    You just gotta love those magical mini sessions. Nice job SP Dan!
    Hi ya Ifishtoolittle,

It was so peaceful watching the sun go down ... and man ... did it ever get dark fast!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    What a great fish count in such a short session. I can fish morning till evening and not see those numbers.
    Hi ya GhettoBasster,

It's just a matter of time for all of us Sir.
    The more that you keep your lure in the water ... the better your odds will be!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Nice short session,nice eats also,WTG on saving the braid!

Cya Tuna Vic
    Hey Tuna Vic,

I've had the same braid on my reel for over a year and I would really dislike having to break-in new braided line again.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by frankjz View Post
    You've got some super-productive AO's you fish. Your dinner looked like the perfect fisherman's fare. Congrats!
    Hey frankjz,

My friends and I have put in hundreds of hours and many, many miles establishing the tidal moods at each of our AO's .... so yes ... they do produce when the planets all align and if we had read all the given signs correctly. The rest is purely being at the right-place at the right-time with lady luck being on our side.

The Halibut was ... Hmmmmmm!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Dan...is special

How the heck did ya pull this one off Danimal?
    Must have been that dusk light hampering your touch if you know what I'm saying....LOL
    Either that or the wind!

Anyways...Good job getting out my friend. I was routing for you to take the lead on the Leaderboard but it didn't happen on this trip. Conditions took a big swing with all of the wind and wind swell over the last few days but trust me..... The big girls are just around the corner so hit it hard in the next few weeks....I bet Poseidon will reward you for your efforts!

BTW....
    I love the simple meal.....looks very yummy!
    Hey Lt. Bones,

I seem to remember the line tapping my finger as it left the spool during the cast ... which I believe caused the line to change speed at different points of the moving line, causing the knots. My best opinion.

The gift from Poseidon was scrumptious!

Thanx for all of your support Brotha Mike.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Nice session Danimal! Congrats on another legal Hali... you and Ken and running neck and neck for the title.
    I haven't been in the surf for so long...
    Wishing you and yours the best in the upcoming Holidays my friend.
    Hi ya Brotha Arthur,

I am so honored to have beached as many legal Halibut as my very skilled and seasoned SWAT Brotha Ken "The Slayer"!

So far ... this season has produced the best legal Halibut count that I've ever had (a PB for me) ... so ... no matter the out come ... I'm still very satisfied with my numbers.

In my best oinion ... Ha ha ha! I truly believe that Ken is allowing me to fill up with false hope ... setting me up ... just before he pulls the ol' rug out from beneath me and he starts nailing legals ... left and right again, hence walking away with this year's well deserved trophy! Go Brotha Ken!

Arthur ... always know that you and all of your loved one's are always in our loving thoughts and prayers. "Happy Holidays" Brotha!

Thank you Brotha Arthur for all of your positive guidance and endless support Sir.

Dan

Not sure how I missed this report...maybe still in awe of your last slayage. Nice going on another successful outing sir! May not be that one more legal notch in the gun but pretty dang good numbers in a short amount of time. Keep it up, that 19th and more are waiting for you!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Not sure how I missed this report...maybe still in awe of your last slayage. Nice going on another successful outing sir! May not be that one more legal notch in the gun but pretty dang good numbers in a short amount of time. Keep it up, that 19th and more are waiting for you!

Don

Don the "Dominator"!

Thanks for chiming in Brotha Don!
    Hurry up and get yourself felling better soon, for we have a lot of fishing to get done before Dec 31!

The "Danimal"!

Default One Hour

I can,t believe it !!!! All those fish in an hour

NOW I know why they call you" Danimal" cuz your a fishin Animal !!!

As our fearless leader noted, the title for most legal butts will go down to the wire. Exciting stuff Dan & great job squeezing in precious sand time in when you can.

Let's fish soon brother, it's been many moons....

Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by fishshep View Post
    I can,t believe it !!!! All those fish in an hour

NOW I know why they call you" Danimal" cuz your a fishin Animal !!!
    Hi ya Daniel,

The truth be known ... my fellow Inspectors a.k.a.'d me that name at work because of how I deal with my contractors.
    But I really like that the a.k.a. flowed over to my love of surf fishing. I like that ... "the fishin animal" !!! I think that you are one also fishshep!

May you always have a fish on the end of your line and may your waders never leak!

SP Dan <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by remington View Post
    As our fearless leader noted, the title for most legal butts will go down to the wire. Exciting stuff Dan & great job squeezing in precious sand time in when you can.

Let's fish soon brother, it's been many moons....

Kelly

Hey Brotha Kelly .... way too many moons indeed,

As soon as the conditions look like they are lining up down your way on the weekends ... please give me a holler! I'll find a way to get down there!

As far as the SWAT Leader Board ... I have a strong gut feeling that our Brotha Ken has it in the bag for the 2014 season ...
    but I'm not giving up yet! We still have 6 weeks left in the 2014 season ..... it could still be up for grabs.

I keep suspecting that Arthur is going to explode from the back of the pack and grab the trophy ... once again pulling the rabbit out of the hat! It would not be unlike him!

Thanx for chiming in Kelly.

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 11-21-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Dan,

Sorry for the late report Sir but at least I now have a working device that allows me to do so.

Thanks for your past and present Service of our Country and nobody else deserves it more to be able to get out and fish 365 than you do!

Hope you and Rhonda have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Steve

P.S. That simple plate looks more like "Batwing Filets" to me more than of the butt variety!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12