Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the decline of DVL ....... BLAME IT OF THE STRIPERS..please no catch and release guys

Nope youre wrong on that one it was about ten yrs and it started at castaic i know that becaquse i was there caatching the big holdover trout and the big stripers also being caught,,,,,but to you lordofthedeep ive been doing my part for a llong time taking limit every chance i and my clients get,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by LORDOFTHEDEEP View Post
    man I seen guys taking largemouths out of there and walk into the office to get their picture taken and there just nonsportsman . i think has an effect over time look at skinner
    skinner sucks...
    Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 12-12-2012 at 11:03 PM.

I had a great year at DVL. Lots of fish over 5lbs. and mostly on my hand made lures. I have seen it better there but just like Perris and Silverwood lakes have some slow years. Look at the fishing at Perris, better in allot of ways than DVL. I will be at DVL all year long no matter what. There is a fish over 10lbs. just waiting for me there.

Quote Originally Posted by prankster13 View Post
    I had a great year at DVL. Lots of fish over 5lbs. and mostly on my hand made lures. I have seen it better there but just like Perris and Silverwood lakes have some slow years. Look at the fishing at Perris, better in allot of ways than DVL. I will be at DVL all year long no matter what. There is a fish over 10lbs. just waiting for me there.
    AND His name is Striper:)

Quote Originally Posted by prankster13 View Post
    There is a fish over 10lbs. just waiting for me there.
    Emphasis added on the 'a' part.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Emphasis added on the 'a' part.
    I already caught her, a couple of times. And so far, she has morphed into 3 different species for me...

And dont forget to shake youre worm before puting it away
    And if you shake it too much youre playing with it
    Which can cause you to go blind
    Just saying b carefull

Just have fun fishing, be thankful for what we have. I didn't even fish much until DVL opened, now I'm addicted, I even go to Skinner and occaissionally Perris. I even bought a home with a community lake to get my weekly fix. I got my Dad to buy a boat for ocean fishing, now I convinced him to get a bass boat in the spring.

I wish, too, that it wasn't just a deep reservoir. Flats, tree stumps, current, all that stuff would be great, but it is what it is. And with the water level fluctuating so drastically at times, it is hard for the vegetation to take hold.

Remember, it's a water storage lake first, a fishery second. Be thankful we have access to it at all because that access can disappear with the blink of an eye or with consecutive drought years.

Quote Originally Posted by ddoskocil View Post
    I wish, too, that it wasn't just a deep reservoir. Flats, tree stumps, current, all that stuff would be great, but it is what it is. And with the water level fluctuating so drastically at times, it is hard for the vegetation to take hold.
    In all the bass fishing shows in the Midwest and deep South you always here them talking about willow trees. Lots of the TV tourney lakes have huge water fluctuations like DVL. The willow trees live fine. Also, at Irvine they got lots of trees near the flats that don't die off and the water there has 15 foot deltas every year.

I wonder why they don't plant some. Maybe willows are not native to the area?? The trees also stabilize the shoreline and provide great habitat as we all know. It's either a money or legal thing why they don't plant trees IMHO.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast