Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stick a fork in it!

True also seal. I fish in the Sierras alot and feel helping people catch fish especially kids and inexspierienced anglers catch fish or help the with bait colro selection ect. makes me feel good. I dont really Bass fish ecept for at the local parks when i cant get away and i notice that the first time you say something worked (because it was new.) the next time you go you go back it wont be new anymore everyone targetting that species of fish will be using it. Oh well thats when you find something else that works I like a challenge and seeing people catch fish.

Quote Originally Posted by madbass View Post
    Thanks for the report. any fish being caught from shore?
    Yes, just 1st hour for the most part & go to the right - ball point area.

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    It's not going anywhere.... Even though the forum has slowed there's still a ton of info. on lakes fishing in CA on this site. Thank you for the report!
    Definitely a lot of great content so glad it wont go anywhere, but just some forums may be quiet.

Personally, I haven't been to Castaic or Pyramid in 3 years...been looking to get out more. Thanks for the positive feedback & hopefully I'll be able to contribute to this or the Pyramid forum

MM

Hey etucker,I don't want to jack this thread but wanted to ask you something,I just talked to Glenn a couple of days ago and he was telling about his next big trip,I won't give away any details just wanted to know are you going with him?
    Sounds awesome,said he'd bring me some bounty back.

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Hey etucker,I don't want to jack this thread but wanted to ask you something,I just talked to Glenn a couple of days ago and he was telling about his next big trip,I won't give away any details just wanted to know are you going with him?
    Sounds awesome,said he'd bring me some bounty back.

Cya Tuna Vic
    Any time Vic. No, I'm not going with him on this one. I'm having dinner with him in an hour, does that count for anything??? lol I'll give him your regards.

Western Outdoor News is at least a week behind in their reporting, so to compare them with same/next day reporting on this site is well.....senseless. If you think conservative political snowflakes are a major reason for the diminished fishing reports....That is about absurd as anything I have heard. I check in from time to time, fondly remembering what this place once was. Can it be again? I hope so for all concerned. Maybe if Kamala, Elizabeth or Bernie get elected things will turn around....What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ALandsford View Post
    Western Outdoor News is at least a week behind in their reporting, so to compare them with same/next day reporting on this site is well.....senseless. If you think conservative political snowflakes are a major reason for the diminished fishing reports....That is about absurd as anything I have heard. I check in from time to time, fondly remembering what this place once was. Can it be again? I hope so for all concerned. Maybe if Kamala, Elizabeth or Bernie get elected things will turn around....What a joke.
    So your saying WON isn't burning spots because it's a few day's old. (they go to press on Mon, so they can get reports up to Sunday) I use to be able to get a copy as early as Tues or Wed at Sav on Tackle. That means you have to read an FNN report within 3 day's of it been written. Or it's no more valuable then a WON report. The first comment by the OP was "Put a Fork in this Forum." Your comment was people won't burn their own spots by reporting it here. That means people have to read FNN practically every day or two to get any valuable information from it!!! If all Members and Lurkers have to read FNN every couple of day's to get the valuable information it provides. It's far from being a "Stick a Fork in it Forum!!!" lol

Trust me, I'm the 1 number writer of Fish reports on FNN. I'm also probably the number 1 Hooligan in the political discussions in the GD section. (Natural Lefty wants to now give me a run for my money) lol It's all good Natural Lefty, I appreciate the help in educating people. So I could give you a list of all the former Conservative Pundits on here. Who shortly after Trumps Presidency started going South. No longer report on here but still Lurk here. You can tell that by hitting the Forum button and scroll down to the bottom. It gives everyone's names who's viewing. I check it every time I log in!!!!!

Don't ever under estimate peoples pride!!! No one ever wants to be called or thought to be a fool!!! Yet when these people shot their mouths off about how "Great President Trump" was going to be and how bad Obama was as President. (how many people think that now??) Would you really feel very comfortable posting on here again, if you were one of those people??? Especially if you were calling people like me, a dumb arse all the time. Think about it!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-23-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Natural Lefty has been on here before playing the left card whenever possible, nothing new there. Most are sick and tired of the political BS, most were tired of it before Trump even got elected now you can't escape it even in a Fishing forum.

Etucker you toss around a lot of BS that has no basis in reality, I will admit you are the "number one writer" if the number of characters typed is the gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Unfortunately society seems less incline to do their own discovery when it comes to fishing these days. Internet use has made many lazy (sorry but it's a truth) and unwilling to put the time and work into figuring out the bite. I readily will help but mostly in generalized ways, the work and hours put in, skunks involved etc... to figure stuff out and then to give it all away would just be foolish in my opinion.
    Excellent post.

I have zero problems, and actually enjoy assisting others when it comes to advice.

But to spend days, weeks, months dialing down bites, hiking miles dodging snakes, getting home sore and sunburnt after spending 14 hours on the water, the wear, tear and gas consumption on my vehicle, and to then reveal my spot? It's laughable! Even more laughable is the people who get perturbed that others don't share bites. It's simple. You get up at the crack of dawn, you go to a lake, creek, river or any body of water, and you do what others have done decades before the Internet. You put in work.

And it's funny because the individuals who I do know put in work, we have no problems PM'ing each other about good bites and locations.

I do have a soft spot for novices, or for people taking kids out who want to stoke their passion for fishing. But again, PMs are a great method of reaching out!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast