Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Valley Lake "MONSTER" crappie fry and bass 7/4/17

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ordane View Post
    Lake Gregory is now too.. Have go go all the way to big bear now
    So many lakes here are pay to fish. Turns everything into a Disneyland---need a ticket to get in, be it fishing or theme parks. Sheesh.

Its a cool little lake. Its worth it to pay the 15 dollars to fish there. The again, everyone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dores34 View Post
    Headed to Green Valley Lake Tuesday morning because I had nothing to do. I went up there for the trout and crappie. I haven't been up there since last year. From my angle the trout were pretty slow. I saw about 5 caught from the north side parking lot fishing shore. I caught zero trout. Only had 2 bites, but I was nowhere near my pole and apparently not all trout can hook themselves hahaha. I managed 2 bass, missed 2 bass on Thin Senkos. A couple of Monster crappie fry and little green ear sunfish(the ones with the fluorescent aqua stripes on their cheeks). Not a great outing, but better than watching baseball highlights on sportscenter in the morning.

Attachment 50121Attachment 50122
    I hate to be a knitpicker, but those sunfish aren't green sunfish. They are pumkinseeds. Jenks Lake is full of green sunfish.

You don't hate it.. cuz you ARE knitpicking.. nah but anyways, I wasn't really sure what they are. On one of my other post about those fish at this lake I called them a "sunfish/pumpkinseed/redear". I'm by far the expert on telling them apart. Someone was just trying to convince me to go to jenks too. But I won't be doing that for those things.

5. Default

* nitpicker

:)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12