Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Grunion Run - Tamarack beach

Default Grunion Run - Tamarack beach

Long time no report on my side.

Went looking for the grunion ( and flattys if lucky ).

Checked Oceanside all the way down to Ponto for the right sand conditions and Tamarack was the only beach with the right conditions.
    Started fishing around 7:30 and finished up around midnight.
    Only saw 2 grunion and got one hit that didn't stick for the halibut. It was a shorty.

That's fishing!

Take care,
    Robert
    <><

I'm glad you got out and posted - it has been very quiet here. Ocean flora has been dominating the surf and there are not enough LCs raking it in. I had to get out past it and get bass off the surfboard (they are actively eating plastics and iron), but will be looking for water to clean up and winds to calm. Thanks for report.

Quote Originally Posted by efishent View Post
    I'm glad you got out and posted - it has been very quiet here. Ocean flora has been dominating the surf and there are not enough LCs raking it in. I had to get out past it and get bass off the surfboard (they are actively eating plastics and iron), but will be looking for water to clean up and winds to calm. Thanks for report.
    Yeah, broke my shoulder last December so it's been a work in progress to hit the surf.

Take care,
    Robert
    <><