Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annual Bako Boy/SWAT duct, dove cast and blast... w/ Mr. Elk and Mr. Boar

Default Annual Bako Boy/SWAT duct, dove cast and blast... w/ Mr. Elk and Mr. Boar

Every year WWO comes up to Bakersfield and we have a nice little Dove hunt and Duct fishing trip. Every year he brings a different date along. This year its George aka Gmart...

I think they're crazy but hey? Dove opener is tomorrow and they came up yest and got a hotel in Buttonwillow (Don't ask don't tell)

Anyway we meet up at grey light and I give them the lowdown on the bite. Wasn't 3 seconds my bait was in the water and HOokUp!

We picked off 6 on the first stop. Proceeded to catch 15 and lost a handful. Gmart popped his duct cherry. Things went as planned. Carefully planning the c&R's so we could end up with exact limits by the time we were done. We dont like to miscount and keep over limits like some of the members on this site.

This is where the story gets good.... WWO brings his .300 blackout loaded with hot subsonic rounds. I suggest to him that we sneak over to crocker springs road and try and catch a pig off guard.. sure enough were clipping along and spot a small group of famished pigs and WWO gets a shot off....

Clean miss. After that the pigs split and are nowhere to be seen.

We walk back to the trucks and bust out the HMR.17 and plink a bit... To our surprise a couple Elk were hanging at the truck.. wish we had a tag and in season

I had a blast WWo and Gmart!

Thanks for lunch and can't wait for the Dove report
    Last edited by cutbait; 08-31-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Great title and sounded like a fun day

uncoachable is "clean miss" now lol. Bet there was some good bantering after that!

LOL,,,,,,,,GREAT Report,,,,,,,,,,,TOP NOTCH!

That elk is usually more then 400yrds out,,,,,,,,,he,s lucky that a BAKO BOY wasn,t at the trigger LOL,,,,,,,,
    congrats on the duct guide trip bro,,,,,,,,,,

Congrats to WWO and friend for the slayage ,,,,,,,,,,,

TRAIL BLAZER

Doves were to be had. I had a limit by 7. No Euros.

wWo and Gmart killed it.

My son had gun issue and did well.

We even had an in ident with AlQueda. Had to call authorities and was pretty ugly there for a lil bit before they showed up.

Some people just don't respect private property and limit regulations. My mouth is gonna get me in trouble one day. This ISIS clowns today probably wouldn't have stopped at a fist fight

My boy ready

Gmart and WWO

Dammmit cutbait why is everything more plentiful in bako...fish....doves!!! Lol. You guys murdered them! My group drove all over from east to west this morning in the AV and didn't even fire a shot...and everyone we ran into either had just a few birds or nada.

sounds like a fun day Mike, with good results also!......................Dave

You guys killed the lil birdies. lol.....whats for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by ZipperWurm View Post
    Dammmit cutbait why is everything more plentiful in bako...fish....doves!!! Lol. You guys murdered them! My group drove all over from east to west this morning in the AV and didn't even fire a shot...and everyone we ran into either had just a few birds or nada.
    Yep everything is plentiful in Bako World except, Shade, teeth and income.

Check back for the What the Captain really means tomorrow.

WWO

Very nice Mike!

We had few opportunities out there (Our water was dried up.) but the birds flew great in the AV in the evening.

I got 8. I was in the middle of a line shooting at birds that were booking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast