Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: P.a.w

Default P.a.w

Pat, you always have your controller hooked on you. I think you need this!

http://youtu.be/y5ejwRj9t1Q

Has anyone been catching any fish at Skinner? Thinking about going out on Saturday and wanted to see how everyone has been doing.

You're right Bob. Pat wouldn't even have to put down his cup of coffee. I know he's been drinking a lot of coffee because the fish are still hiding.

Hey Bob! That would just make me lazier. I thought I was in heaven with my IPilot . As for fishing. I can only tell you the Striper are still really tough. I metered a bunch of bait and some fish all over the lake Tuesday. I just couldn't get any to commit. Had some bumps but no takers.
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 01-28-2015 at 09:05 AM.

love my ipilot as well but that ulterra is just badd ***!!

i was out with buddies on Saturday and bass are in 15-25ft with some smaller males starting to go shallow, just fish slow.

That would explain the fish I was seeing. Since my rig runs around 15 feet I keep in 18+ foot. Although I have caught some nice LMB on the u-rig it is the exception.

The new name for skinner right now has been changed to Lake Skunker....

Haha Lake Skunker......I have not been in 2 weeks and I know the lake will be nice and reward me with fish.

Big bob even if it's slow you some how always seem to find the fish , let me know how it was and heck I might even give it a try. Lol

I took my 7 year old out from 7 to 11:30 on Saturday and got 3 lmb. Figured that wasn't too bad considering what the reports have been like.

Tight lines,
    Erik

Well, due to work we didn't get out this week but the Tuesday prior we got into some nice fat 3 1/2-4lb LMB's. It started slow but as the day progressed and warmed up the bite picked up. Tenacity and patience is the key here. Fished real slow using jigs and D/S with big green pumpkin/black flake worms. BTW, metered huge bait schools by the inlet...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 01-31-2015 at 09:47 AM.