Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New year 1/2

Thanks Pat. It will be a couple of weeks before I head out again. Maintenance on the boat trailer and transom repair coming up.

Real good time to get it done! Shops aren't too full and the best fishing is still ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Well I have fished the east most coves on the "other side". Line was down one day and let me tell you the LMB were totally fearless from lack of pressure. The dam was just too much in the open to chance that hehehehe. Anyway, I waws there again today 1/5. At 6:30 I was the only trailer in the lot. All the bait and bass that were holding off points on Friday were gone. !!?? I finally found a school and hit it for some stripers but it dispersed and that was it for me. I left at 10:30 so I can't say how things wound up as it got warmer. Still tough.
    Lol, I keep hoping that I'd find that buoy line open, I'd chance hitting the cove too but you're right, the dam would definitely draw attention but dang man I'll bet there's some pigs over there.

As for the fishing that's what I learned about Skinner a long time ago. One day it's hot, the next it's like there's absolutely no fish in the lake. Then a day later it's on again. Can't wait till pre-spawn in late winter/early spring, for about a month I get on a killer blade bite at Skinner...

Hawgzwylde,

I have wondered why they have such a large portion by the dam buoyed off as well, i know the pump is there but have the bouyline so far away and along the whole dam!? why not just put the bouy around the pump area like DVL and other lakes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12