Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Water Conditions

Default Water Conditions

Fished it last week and it was rough. The stuff I know for this time of year didn't produce.
    Dock rumors of water turning over. Is it happening now or is it complete? Admittedly I blew more that half the morning away chasing a reaction bite that may or may not have been present.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Fished it last week and it was rough. The stuff I know for this time of year didn't produce.
    Dock rumors of water turning over. Is it happening now or is it complete? Admittedly I blew more that half the morning away chasing a reaction bite that may or may not have been present.
    No, the water is still gin clear. A few more degrees south and it will turn and the water will stain up. I gave up on the reaction bait early on today and found a bite using jigs and a custom t-rig fished slowly. Too calm, too clear today...

Thanks man. I have a creature bait i toss with confidence there. I may just start at 20-30 feet tomorrow unless i see wolf packing shallow.
    Saved me some time brotha.

Thanks man. I have a creature bait i toss with confidence there. I may just start at 20-30 feet tomorrow unless i see wolf packing shallow.
    Saved me some time brotha.
    I did best starting at the shoreline and walking it downhill. I got bit from 0-30ft. If the cline is breaking, it's just starting...

Approach the lake as if it were a highly pressured Trout fishery and you and those around you may become greatly rewarded! You most likley wont get the " Numbers" But the Quality will be impressive! P S Take an underwater microphone with you next time and wittness the impact of Big Motor noise to the underwater world and understand how stucture can and does protect against such intrutions.

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Approach the lake as if it were a highly pressured Trout fishery and you and those around you may become greatly rewarded! You most likley wont get the " Numbers" But the Quality will be impressive! P S Take an underwater microphone with you next time and wittness the impact of Big Motor noise to the underwater world and understand how stucture can and does protect against such intrutions.
    Then again... Joe anonymous comes along twards closing time and sticks 9 back to back....I'll never really know how this lake is but their are def a few that do! EEEE HAAA .... HA HA..............

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Then again... Joe anonymous comes along twards closing time and sticks 9 back to back....I'll never really know how this lake is but their are def a few that do! EEEE HAAA .... HA HA..............
    We almost always stay from open to close. I can't tell you how many times the late bite has gone wide F open. Lol, we've accidentally been late a few times because we forgot what time they closed, lol...

You guys see the water flip yet?

What is the water level like right now?? Has the Water District been pumping any water into the lake? What are the conditions at the launch ramp? I mean how many lanes are open or is it still just one.
    Thanks
    Dsrt Tortise

Quote Originally Posted by Dsrt Tortise View Post
    What is the water level like right now?? Has the Water District been pumping any water into the lake? What are the conditions at the launch ramp? I mean how many lanes are open or is it still just one.
    Thanks
    Dsrt Tortise
    The water level is way down and no water is coming in for the foreseeable future. The launch ramp is reduced but 3 at a time can launch.

Stinkbait, the lake has turned but it's still gin clear in many areas...