Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Corona Lake 7/12

Default Corona Lake 7/12

Went out with the pops to hunt for some kitties and we did just that. Rented a boat and headed out towards the tree stumps, Fly lined our baits and got bit with in no time I cant believe how low the lake has gotten since the last time I been there the deepest point is about 10 feet which means the catfish are stacked up so go out and get them be careful with the mosquitos though there were a couple hundred on our boat. Fly line your baits and if you don't get bit with in 15 mins just move spots until you finally get hit don't waste your time fishing at 1 spot for more than 30 minutes. i caught all of my fish with shrimp and night crawlers

See you guys at SARL 7/26 for tournament #3

Last edited by Mr T-rex; 07-14-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Great job out there...thanks for the info...

Thanks bro just giving information to my fellow fisherman

Went to corona lake last night. Took a friend and his 3 boys who have never fished. Rented a pontoon boat. The lake is low..I hadn't fished corona for 3 or 4 years and never rented a boat. Used shrimp, mackerel, and night crawlers. Fly lined and got nothing. Added weight and went to the bottom and caught 1 cat, and 1 talapia..The talipia took shrimp??? 2 other fished hooked but got off...Shrimp was working but nothing on mack or NC.

I wasn't fishing per se' I was driving the boat, and helping my friends family...They had all wanted to go fishing for years but had no gear or experience. I had enough to make the trip happen..it was fun just watching the excitement and anticipation in there eyes...I had a blast..

Good job out there a fish is better than a skunk
    The trick to corona lake is to start off at the deepest point and work yourself from there until you find the honey hole
    For some reason I like fly lining instead of weights due to fishing structure.
    Move every 30 minutes if you don't get bit

Quote Originally Posted by Coleyounger View Post
    Went to corona lake last night. Took a friend and his 3 boys who have never fished. Rented a pontoon boat. The lake is low..I hadn't fished corona for 3 or 4 years and never rented a boat. Used shrimp, mackerel, and night crawlers. Fly lined and got nothing. Added weight and went to the bottom and caught 1 cat, and 1 talapia..The talipia took shrimp??? 2 other fished hooked but got off...Shrimp was working but nothing on mack or NC.

I wasn't fishing per se' I was driving the boat, and helping my friends family...They had all wanted to go fishing for years but had no gear or experience. I had enough to make the trip happen..it was fun just watching the excitement and anticipation in there eyes...I had a blast..

Yep...good advice..I generally don't fish there but I figured it was the best place locally to get the kids onto some fish. When I did fish there in the past, it was more of a local unwind...Sit by the shore with a thermos of coffee and watch the sun go down...we did move allot...the fish that were caught and hooked was 50 feet outside the moored boats and maybe feet feet from the stumps. We fished the dam, the cliffs, and off the boat ramp with no results..the fish bit when the sun was gone which seemed normal from my past experience from fishing the shore line...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Good job out there a fish is better than a skunk
    The trick to corona lake is to start off at the deepest point and work yourself from there until you find the honey hole
    For some reason I like fly lining instead of weights due to fishing structure.
    Move every 30 minutes if you don't get bit

NICE mr T-REX, good stuff bro and thanks for the report...