Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Fishing Perris

I'll second what MillsapBoyz wrote. Had Pete take me out a couple of years ago after years of fishing Perris and doing ok. He upped my game considerably. If your fishing needs a tune-up (every 100,000 bass of so) Pete is the way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Fnguyen5992 View Post
    Went on the 29th caught a couple largies nothing big nor 30+ bass like Pete Marino always claims.
    C'mon guy. It's not Pete's fault you can't catch fish. Pete has as much experience if not more than anyone on that lake. You can't expect to catch fish like a tour pro that guides this lake for a living. Good grief.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2009.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	51292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1999.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	51293 Hopefully a couple of pictures of two of the fish caught by Tate and Brook!

Wow. Those are some good looking largies. Great catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    C'mon guy. It's not Pete's fault you can't catch fish. Pete has as much experience if not more than anyone on that lake. You can't expect to catch fish like a tour pro that guides this lake for a living. Good grief.
    Hahah I catch fish Bro! Just not 30 plus at every lake like he says. Also, when other pros aren’t coming close to those numbers and yes I get it perris bites are “specific” but when other pros are only catching limits and he’s claiming 30+ fish with a 28 lb bag I call bullshit! He’s a good stick jus saying a little over exaggeration on the numbers for the money 💰. Stay humble.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Thanks kenmitch for leaving the spawning Redears alone with their spawning. So many people throw out and even drag their anchors and chains through the spawning beds ruining them for any future fish. I've seen them do it on spawning bass beds too. No one needs to anchor in these shallow areas. Tie up to a tree or drift or use a trolling motor. Sometimes you get more fish by drifting anyway.
    I kayak fish and don't carry an anchor with me so I just drift and peddle around. Once in a while I'll tie off to a tree or bush.

I'm not really into bed fishing as I feel it's detrimental to the fish population. Touchy subject with anglers so I'll leave it alone.

I liked the lake better around 7-8ft or so ago. Seems like the current water level is best for the idiots that pretty much destroy the lake and pollute it with trash. Sad to see the decade of brush growth slowly decay and rot away under the current water level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Wow...hating much?? "Like Pete Marino always claims".... I never lie on my numbers of bass we catch.. sorry to disappoint.

Haters gonna hate I guess haha... funny.
    I'm not a hater....It's one of those you wouldn't believe it unless you've seen it things for other anglers in the end. I'm sure you catch your share and probably some of my share of fish in the end.

Maybe it's just your reporting when you have those really good days? I didn't search out your posts to see as it doesn't bother me. Do you post when the times are tough and you guys only catch a few fish or possibly get skunked?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Wow...hating much?? "Like Pete Marino always claims".... I never lie on my numbers of bass we catch.. sorry to disappoint.

Haters gonna hate I guess haha... funny.
    Prove it!! I have cash money!!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBass View Post

Name:	IMG_2009.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	51292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1999.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	51293 Hopefully a couple of pictures of two of the fish caught by Tate and Brook!
    The advantages of boat fishing is always shown in the photos.

I kayak so I don't really have too many options on my photos. My 1 handed photos are for the most part what I get. I did finally buy one of those Hawg trough things but have yet to test it out.

This was one of my birthday bass I caught on March 21st. I think she may be related to Dotty? 5.12lb this go around. Has a distinctive birth mark so if I catch her again I'll probably know it.

Name:	20180321_125647.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	51294

Fnguyen... I have never said I catch 30 bass and 28 lbs every time out ..You are delusional.. I have had some truly epic days this season during the prespawn, spawn and post spawn... I NEVER EXAGERATE ON MY NUMBERS... Your lack of skills and results make you envious and apprehensive to believe that But that's on YOU not me.. We were smashing them on CRANKBAITS and the dropshot.. and when it was good we blew by thew 30 fish mark often... Sorry if you were out there floundering around while others were catch bass during the best time of year..
    Guys that come out with me know how hard I work to get on the bite and adjust accordingly... I never "Mail it in" and stop grinding to have the best day possible... And most days it works out.... Sure there are tough days or tougher days..... DUH!!!

I won the Angler of the year title this season and out of 5 tournies we finished 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 8th..... And the only reason we got 8th is because we zigged when we should have zagged that day... our timing was off and hit spots at the wrong times... And that whether you know it or not makes a difference... We decided to start somewhere and shouldn't have fished that spot first.. In the mean time other teams started where we should have started and smashed them and we never recovered...ITS FISHING..
    The season isn't 30 bass everyday of the year... Things change, patterns change and fish move... That's why its called fishing..
    In each of the tourneys we finished 1st or 2nd in we had OVER 30 keepers fish each time.. And I carried that into my guide trips.. Me and my team partner put more time on the water than any team out there during the season.. I fish 4 days a week and my partner also fishes 4 days a week AT LEAST.. Then we put our heads together and compare notes and game plan... And our results speak for themselves... And for the record... any of the top teams that fish out there ALSO catch over 30 bass each time out.... That's the goal.. sorry if your game doesn't get those results... And you have the nerve to say "Prove It" I WILL prove it....Show up for round one of the series in November and enter the tourney... And either I or another of the top teams will gladly take your cash... because you have no clue of the effort, homework, hours, dedication, commitment and time we put in to catching bass..

I don't have the time, nor desire, on Independence day to argue and try to convince some "I cant catch them, so he must be lying, hater" on how good I do at the lake throughout the year.. Ive already given more of my time than you deserve.. Its the 4th of July... go fishing.... get off your computer and go put in some time on the lake...
    Id never take you on a guide trip because you are extremely unreasonable ... Id rather win your money from you in a tourney... But you wont show up because Clearly you have no clue nor the game..

Happy 4th of July...
    Last edited by Pete Marino; 07-04-2018 at 10:46 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast