Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: A final goodbye

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    This is not written to anyone in particular. But I would like to address 2 points, where everyone said this website was more entertaining in the past.

Point number 1.

In the past when you wrote any fishing report on "ANYTHING" you immediately had to go into a phalanx formation to defend it from all the paranoids and Hater's. How was that better then it is now????? Now you can write any fish report you want and not worry about defending it!!!! Isn't this a better system???? Yet everyone is yearning for the old days!!! No offense to anyone in particular, but are you people stupid????? Or is it maybe something else???

In the old day (where everyone is now yearning for it) Obama was President. Because of that the GD section was a shooting gallery on President Obama. I heard Obama was the worst President ever all the time and if we ever could elect another Republican President (and have a Republican Congress) all would be well!!! Well we did and we all can see the results of that. Chaos every where!!! Coincidental taking shots at the President is no longer in Vogue and this website isn't as much fun too most people now. Even though from an writers standpoint of fishing reports we are in Heaven!!!! Go figure!!!
    And you have to turn every post into a political diatribe. BIG part of why I do not post much anymore and why I am so careful about wording when I do post. It's not only you, there are several.
    Writer? Not when you insist on continuously using multiple punctuation marks throughout your post, mis-placed apostrophes and inappropriate determiners (...from a writer's standpoint...) It is just such an overly annoying habit and it does nothing positive for your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    And you have to turn every post into a political diatribe. BIG part of why I do not post much anymore and why I am so careful about wording when I do post. It's not only you, there are several.
    Writer? Not when you insist on continuously using multiple punctuation marks throughout your post, mis-placed apostrophes and inappropriate determiners (...from a writer's standpoint...) It is just such an overly annoying habit and it does nothing positive for your message.
    Poetic license on the punctuation!!!! lol

My next statement is not written to you Marley, but to the other dozen or more people who wrote how much more fun this website was in the past. (I will never answer again with a political statement) But more something like this.

I do understand fishing has changed a lot in the last 5 years. We lost several lakes and other bites just aren't the same. (like DVL Striper fishing) However, this website was filled with haters back then? You couldn't write any fish report without a big chance someone would attack your report badly. Which caused many people to utter those famous departing words. That's the last fish report I will ever write for FNN!

Now to the person (not you Marley) I will ask, why was it more fun in the past to you with all the haters on here? Please tell me in your own words, why you liked it better then besides Irvine Lake was still open to the public? See nothing political there, but I bet I won't get much of an honest response that makes much sense. (like I loved to see all the drama on here) lol Let me try it that way next time and see what happens?

Peace.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-14-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    and I thought I was the only one.....

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    and I thought I was the only one.....
    If you think my writing is bad, you should see what they do on the Facebook fishing websites. It seems like 1/3 of them don't even have a spell check and they never proof read their statements. So they mix up words all the time and you have to guess what word they really meant to put there.

Wow, really FNN?

I never liked Dev, but this is disrespectful.

Get a cert. It is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Panshot View Post
    Wow, really FNN?

I never liked Dev, but this is disrespectful.

Get a cert. It is free.
    I'm always curious when someone pulls up a several year old post. Since I probably tangled with Deve in the GD section a little more then the other progressives, I thought I'd give a response at least from my prospective. (since I was called a dumb arse by him, more then anyone else) Lol When Obama was President, FNN was heavily populated with Conservative fishermen. So if you took a Liberal side in the GD section, you were always heavily outnumbered and always on defense! It's easier to attack the current President because you have nothing to defend. Once Trump became the President elect, magically the really hard core Conservatives in the GD section, all took a hike in their political postings. (especially Deve after he bragged he worked for the Trump campaign) This was because it would have be their turn to defend Trump! (an impossible task and they knew it!)

So Deve could have just left, but instead he went out like a Drama Queen with a big speech! By then all of his Confederates had already left the GD section! So only ones left were the same people he insulted for the last 5 years! (what happened next was very predictable) They gave him the old expression, "don't let the door hit you in the arse, as you are leaving!" Deserved or undeserved? That just the readers POV! Lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-10-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Hello Eric. The person who brought this post back up is clearly a spammer. The moderators of this site need to screen people like that out. This is the second spammer in this section of the forum in recent weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Hello Eric. The person who brought this post back up is clearly a spammer. The moderators of this site need to screen people like that out. This is the second spammer in this section of the forum in recent weeks.
    Stop name dropping!

(BTW Lefty, I like you. :::hugs:::)

Thank you and Happy Mother's Day to you, Panshot.

I was of course referring to this lingunback character, who I quote here: "Rolling mill is an equipment used for the rolling process of the metal and it can complete the entire process of rolling. There're mainly cold rolling mill, hot rolling mill, continuous casting machine, copper aluminum-zinc rolling mill, etc. The rolling mill mainly consists of unwinding machine, rolling system, driving system, hydraulic system, control system, roll removal device, etc.
    https://www.hrbtinvo.com/products/co...ling-mill.html"

This is obviously a relevant response to any topic according to lingunback, as it is the only thing that he/she/it posts on one thread after another. This was preceded by similar antics from the entity that calls itself "pinkledstone." Sigh. These public sites seem to have difficulty keeping the trolls and spammers out.