Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SARL Slay fest 9/20-21

Default SARL Slay fest 9/20-21

Qualified for the 2014 Slay Fest and after falling 4th place a couple of times by ounces I was looking to take it all. 1,000$ on the line

Fished from Saturday at 5pm till Sunday 9:30am looking to bringing in the heaviest 10 fish stringer. Started off tubing and trolling back and forth in the catfish lake with fresh mackerel and nightcrawlers with a fly line set up for a couple of hours and got no love on either of my rods, Decided to sit in the middle of the lake and wait till I get hit until 1 little guy decided to take my nightcrawler. Skunk is off but the bite was not great through the whole night so got off the tube and set camp, chunked out the lines and scored 2 nice 3lbers. Total fish in the basket 3 when I woke up at 4am to get on my tube once again I only saw one fish in my basket wonder what happened. Got back on the tube at 5am and I finally found them. Landed a total of 7 all on nightcrawlers. Didn’t see anyone catching fish all night so I was pretty confident that I had the tournament under my belt.

Weighed in my eight fish and got a total of 28.8lbs. not too happy because I was missing 2 of my fish that got out of my cage somehow

Finished 4th again tired, hungry and sleepy

Till next time

8 fish total

congrats! how fare off from 1st?

First place finished off with 42lbs He got some monsters tubing the main lake! Broke my heart when I seen him weighing in his fish